Thread: FWB300S experts - repair

FWB300S experts - repair

My 300S Junior is in a somewhat battered state. It looks as if it's been a hard-used club gun from the day it left the factory in 1982 to when I bought it earlier this year. It remains accurate though, and from an inspection through the transfer port, the piston buffer looks to be fine. It generally shoots well, but occasionally I get the impression that the sledge action is a little loose, a little too free. Also, if I hold the rifle vertically and slap the butt, the action unlocks and slides back.

Does this suggest a worn part in need of replacement? Or is there a way of tightening it up?

I'd send it to a professional, but over here I think it's pretty much a case of DIY.

Thanks,

Matt
    Last edited by Nikkormat; 29-07-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They aren't THAT difficult to work on if you are methodical, there is a good guide on the web somewhere by that chap in Spain who posts on here. Probably just needs a strip, a clean, relube and Bobs your whatnot.

If you don't want to do it then I think City Air Weapons in Solihull is a good place to take it.

For help, advice or sales, our contact details are:

CITY AIR WEAPONS
    247 LYNDON ROAD,
    OLTON,
    SOLIHULL,
    WEST MIDLANDS B92 7QP
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Telephone/FAX: +44 (0) 121 742 1329

Shop opening times: Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 10:00 - 17:30 (other times by appointment)

Email Addresses:
    Orders or Enquires: sales@.com
    Help or Advice: advice@.com

If you want rid, then I know someone who would be interested!

Cheers Hsing-ee, I would send it to City but it's here with me in Czech. I've got a service kit to fit, and there's a great looking strip video here, but I'm wondering if there's some particular part that could be causing the sloppiness.

As for your acquaintance who might be interested in it, send him to eGun! This one's going nowhere

I'm taking it up to my mate's land tomorrow for a play and to try to sort out a butt extension.

The action sliding back when held vertically is perfectly normal. I asked the same question several years ago and was assured that it was not broken. I have had many years of good fun from my 300s and will never sel it. Lovely rifle that never fails to make me smile. I like it more than my Walther Lgr
    All the best
    Paul
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul68 View Post
    The action sliding back when held vertically is perfectly normal...
    Thanks Paul. What gets me is that it doesn't happen on my other (standard) 300S or my 150; with those, the action only moves back on firing, and forward after a shot or on cocking. On my Junior it will slide back if the rifle is held vertically and the butt is knocked.

As you say though, maybe it's normal, or within "normal" parameters.

Matt

Thumbs up 300s "slideback" or action return.

Hi,
    I've a 300s and can report that the action will slide back or return to its rear most position at an angle of about 30 degrees from horizontal, obviously wear/use will have an influence, but these are beautifully made rifles and if it shoots well with no recoil,safely, keep on shooting it , they will shoot millions of pellets before needing a strip and clean.
    The quality of manufacture will truly provide years of continuous use with minimal work. I strongly consider that These guns come from the golden age of German target airgun production and live on due to the quality of production.
    enjoy your shooting!