Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Armoury HI-Power Jackal Rear sights

Sussex Armoury HI-Power Jackal Rear sights

hi guys,
    I am looking for a set of rear sights for a jackal that a friend is working on.
    these sights are completely missing from the original gun.
    the sight have the standard "V" sights which flip over to a battle sight with just a small hole like a dioptre sight (so he tells me).
    Is there any chance that any of you know where he may find a set of these mounts from?
    Any help would be appreciated
    Phil

Are you sure they have a flip sight, I think I have one in my spares box, it fitted on the rear of the compression cylinder and is a peep sight, I don't think a v notch would work this close to the eye.

I will see if I can dig it out and get a photo of it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...01_1248261.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...01_1248421.jpg

Dead cat not for sale
    Last edited by Oddbob08; 01-08-2014 at 01:01 PM. Reason: pictures added

On the bay http://www./itm/air-arms-HI-POWER-JA...item2593238c96

Look different to the set above.

I'd just seen those this morning, I've never seen that sort before and I used to drool over the Sussex Armoury catalogues as a kid. Probably still would. But there's a few other Jackal parts on there too, probably enough to build a complete rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddbob08 View Post
    Are you sure they have a flip sight, I think I have one in my spares box, it fitted on the rear of the compression cylinder and is a peep sight, I don't think a v notch would work this close to the eye.

I will see if I can dig it out and get a photo of it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...01_1248261.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...01_1248421.jpg

Dead cat not for sale
    These sights are from the Air Arms Jackal not the Sussex Armoury made Jackal but would have thought both types would be interchangeable.
    Troy

I don't know how much is interchangeable between the SA guns and AA guns but I can say quite catergorically that the triggers aren't!! (Don't ask how much it cost me to find out!! )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    These sights are from the Air Arms Jackal not the Sussex Armoury made Jackal but would have thought both types would be interchangeable.
    Troy
    It does actually have Air Arms on the elevation and windage wheels, from what I remember it was attached by a single screw to the rear of the air cylinder.

For the life of me, I can't remember what I did with that gun, or why I still have the rear sight. I do remember is sounded like a jack-in-the-box launching and hitting his head on the shelf above, that plastic stock was like an amplifier.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I don't know how much is interchangeable between the SA guns and AA guns but I can say quite catergorically that the triggers aren't!! (Don't ask how much it cost me to find out!! )

John
    Well OK then, I won't, as long as you promise not to ask me how much I've spent on trying to get a reliable Gunpower Stealth.

Thumbs up

Well OK then, I won't, as long as you promise not to ask me how much I've spent on trying to get a reliable Gunpower Stealth.
    Ha ha ha!!

I have one very good Stealth and one that needs a new valve as the present one is paggered!!

John

It does actually have Air Arms on the elevation and windage wheels, from what I remember it was attached by a single screw to the rear of the air cylinder.

For the life of me, I can't remember what I did with that gun, or why I still have the rear sight. I do remember is sounded like a jack-in-the-box launching and hitting his head on the shelf above, that plastic stock was like an amplifier.
    I know what you mean I have placed some polystyrene packing chips into the hollow rifle butt to reduce the amplifier effect on my air arms Jackal.

I had both the Sussex Armoury (Jackal) and the AirArms (Firepower) in the '80s. As far as I remember both had the same plastic peep sight on the rear. The stocks seemed the same as well. The actions however were worlds apart. the Airarms version being the better having an improved 2 stage trigger, a spring sleeve and deep gloss black finish. The stock was very loud, - I filled mine with sponge rubber - much quieter, with not much extra weight. The autoloader system once mastered was also very quick.
    Musketeer, Tin-Horseman and Axeman extraordinaire

The autoloader system once mastered was also very quick.[/QUOTE]
    I'm on the look-out for one of these but do they work ok?

Ha ha ha!!

I have one very good Stealth and one that needs a new valve as the present one is paggered!!

John
    My Stealth is an on-going project which never seems to reach an end. I've just bought an Altaros regulator and fitted it to a Rapid7 400cc bottle, I would tell you how it shot but the fill nipple supplied with the regulator is a slightly different size to the one on my pushfit filler, think I need to visit a Paintball supplier. It has a few bits from Drum inside (he should do a sticker like the one's on computers) and I'm also installing a scopeless sighting system.Once I get it running and set up, there's a Rapid7 barrel or two in my spares box to turn down and fit, 4.5 and 5mm

And if you Jackal lads think this thread is being high-jacked, can I just add that some say the Stealth is just another military look-alike, perhaps my Stealth is more than most..., and no, before you ask, it isn't selective fire either

Thumbs up

My Stealth is an on-going project which never seems to reach an end. I've just bought an Altaros regulator and fitted it to a Rapid7 400cc bottle, I would tell you how it shot but the fill nipple supplied with the regulator is a slightly different size to the one on my pushfit filler, think I need to visit a Paintball supplier. It has a few bits from Drum inside (he should do a sticker like the one's on computers) and I'm also installing a scopeless sighting system.Once I get it running and set up, there's a Rapid7 barrel or two in my spares box to turn down and fit, 4.5 and 5mm

And if you Jackal lads think this thread is being high-jacked, can I just add that some say the Stealth is just another military look-alike, perhaps my Stealth is more than most..., and no, before you ask, it isn't selective fire either

Cor!!

That looks great

John

Cor!!

That looks great

John
    Fanks M8