Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sussex Armoury HI-Power Jackal Rear sights

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I had both the Sussex Armoury (Jackal) and the AirArms (Firepower) in the '80s. As far as I remember both had the same plastic peep sight on the rear. The stocks seemed the same as well. The actions however were worlds apart. the Airarms version being the better having an improved 2 stage trigger, a spring sleeve and deep gloss black finish. The stock was very loud, - I filled mine with sponge rubber - much quieter, with not much extra weight. The autoloader system once mastered was also very quick.
    Certainly the early models had quite different rear and fore sight arrangements, If its an early one thats needed - then they are still available as NOS here.... http://www.relics.org.uk/productinfo.php?product=496

Quote Originally Posted by sniper24687066 View Post
    The autoloader system once mastered was also very quick.
    I'm on the look-out for one of these but do they work ok?[/QUOTE]

Yes they do work! With practice you can cycle it without removing the gun from your shoulder ( cant be done with an Airsporter ) Right hand works the sidelever. Left hand fingers support the rifle. Left thumb operates the tap. Up and horizontal attitude is ok - never cycle the tap muzzle pointing down. It will either cut the "Waiting" pellet in half, or you will load a "blank". We used to shoot at helium filled balloons using a tasco red dot sight - but you need a huge amount of space to do this safely...
    Musketeer, Tin-Horseman and Axeman extraordinaire

Serendipity.

Not sure if that's the correct spelling but it means something like 'finding something you weren't looking for'.

And this morning I was looking at a post by edbear2 and clicked on the link to his photobucket page, half way down is a few photos of a Jackal, and it has the rearsight in front of the loading tap, which is different to the one I have (or had, now sold to MatyBoy).

If it is a reversable sight then i can't imagine a peepsight being any use this far away from the eye.

I think it's a conversion, from peep to notch sight. That screw hole was intended for the seperating finger for the auto loader. It was a saddle affair, with a finger on the right side that gripped the next in line pellet, to stop 2 being dropped into the breach when the tap was open.
    Musketeer, Tin-Horseman and Axeman extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    I think it's a conversion, from peep to notch sight. That screw hole was intended for the seperating finger for the auto loader. It was a saddle affair, with a finger on the right side that gripped the next in line pellet, to stop 2 being dropped into the breach when the tap was open.
    A forgery