Thread: Perspex front sight elements for Original 75

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Perspex front sight elements for Original 75

I took my Original Model 75 HV to the club tonight and had one of the most enjoyable evenings shooting that I have had for a long time - but I would like to buy a set of perspex front sight elements to fit instead of the metal element I am using at the moment.

The problem is than the front sight element retaining "wheel" is a plastic moulding with a hex shape moulded into the inner surface for use with the manufacturers "adjustable" "O" ring system.

Does anybody make an alloy or steel replacement for this plastic element retaining wheel with a regular type recess in the inner face so that it would be possible to insert the perspex elements into a recess in the inner face to centralise them and for the element taper to face the correct way ( away from the shooter) as normal.

The Original Model 75 rifle's have this same front sight arrangement so I am hoping somebody has made an upgrade front sight retaining wheel - I am sure it would be a very popular part for a lot of target shooters.

Maybe one of the perspex sight makers has already thought about this and has made an hexagonal shape perspex element that can be inserted in the existing front sight element retaining wheel with the taper bore facing away from the shooter ?

I would prefer a replacement front sight retaining wheel with the inner recess a similar size to other manufacturers such as FWB or Walther if possible.

Have any Model 75 owners found a good solution to fitting perspex front sight elements to their match rifles?
    Last edited by zooma; 30-07-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.