Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New fwb sports

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    The original fwb sport has 28mm bore, 77mm stroke, the Diana 280 which is in essence a sport copy has the same bore and stroke. The fwb has a much shorter transfer port however and is more efficient..which makes it tune that little easier and is why it was more popular (and still is)
    Any new fwb sport would do well to copy the old bore and stroke, but improve the trigger (which was its weak spot) and the stock.

To get it down to 7.5J i have a feeling fwb will have a piston running around 65mm stroke, maybe 70 tops, as long as the piston uses a latch rod this can be altered to push it back up to 77mm or so, however in .22 all that would be needed at 65mm stroke is a stiffer spring as long as the transfer port is short enough to get 15.5J, it may even be doable in .177 also...it all depends on the TP.
    My guess is that they won't use a latch rod because that's what most other manufacturers use and they want to be different, it'll probably be like the old one and use the outside of the piston, which makes it more difficult to change stroke.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    My guess is that they won't use a latch rod because that's what most other manufacturers use and they want to be different, it'll probably be like the old one and use the outside of the piston, which makes it more difficult to change stroke.

Cheers

John
    John, I'm sure my old sports do use a latch rod. Maybe it's you rammed one that's different (for obvious reasons !) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    John, I'm sure my old sports do use a latch rod. Maybe it's you rammed one that's different (for obvious reasons !) ?
    I agree. The old ones did use a latch rod. I know that to be true because I had my FWB fitted with a Record trigger. To my shameI sold it on when I moved more into pcps. The boss putting a tighter control on my spending

Rod it is your right.

When I had the Record trigger fitted to my FWB sport the rod was changed - but still a latch rod

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    When I had the Record trigger fitted to my FWB sport the rod was changed - but still a latch rod
    some engineering going on there then, would have licked to have seen that ,tell us more
    atb john
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

Quote Originally Posted by gibboj View Post
    some engineering going on there then, would have licked to have seen that ,tell us more
    atb john
    There was quite a bit of engineering done apart from the trigger. IIRC it was 1983. I had a conversion done by Bowket on the FWB. It ended up with a .20" barrel from a Original 45, one of JBs barrel locks and full conversion which included modifying the piston anyway so a new latch rod,not silver steel, was not a problem. It also got rid of the crappy plastic trigger O ringed poly head, heavy piston, 5/32" port, one of his special 24 coil spring made by Wade, new guide and top hat. Smooth and low cocking effort. Standard stock. Very low, contollable, soft recoil, so very quiet and accurate as hell.
    Well, you asked Wish I still had it. He did quite a few to the same spec but 20ft/lbs with H&N Hollowpoints that were shipped over the pond.
    All the spec. taken from my gun record log. I dont read it often. It makes me weep

sounds nice, people talk about venom rifles of that day but nothing like that was done by them ,surprized to hear about the barrel change, bet it cost a pound or two to compleat but you have something very special at the end of the day ,and id bet only a hand full wear done
    ATB JOHN
    hw 100, hw80 mk1, smk xs20, bsa scorpion pistol, feinwerkbau 127, hw99s

I would love one if they come to the Uk, but I have had a few 127,s and have allways felt they neded to be improved, thought the back sight was very poor, the saftey catch and the triguer gaurd looked cheap and the triguer was very 2d rate compared to my Hw,s. I found I was reaching for either of my many HWs, or for accuracey my lovley Anschutz 335 series 2 in .22

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    There was quite a bit of engineering done apart from the trigger. IIRC it was 1983. I had a conversion done by Bowket on the FWB. It ended up with a .20" barrel from a Original 45, one of JBs barrel locks and full conversion which included modifying the piston anyway so a new latch rod,not silver steel, was not a problem. It also got rid of the crappy plastic trigger O ringed poly head, heavy piston, 5/32" port, one of his special 24 coil spring made by Wade, new guide and top hat. Smooth and low cocking effort. Standard stock. Very low, contollable, soft recoil, so very quiet and accurate as hell.
    Well, you asked Wish I still had it. He did quite a few to the same spec but 20ft/lbs with H&N Hollowpoints that were shipped over the pond.
    All the spec. taken from my gun record log. I dont read it often. It makes me weep
    The Rekord trigger sounds very very interesting. Might have to explore that. I have an old 124 on the way that hasn't been used in 30+ years. It's a bit rusty as it sat in a shed but has a bright bore. Fitting a Rekord or CD to it would be awesome.
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've posted this before, but it's not too hard to convert metal bladed FWBs to a decent enough two stage trigger with a combination of adjustment, filing, and in the most extreme case a new 2nd stage grub screw. But not really that big a deal compared to trying to graft a Rekord in!

I've posted this before, but it's not too hard to convert metal bladed FWBs to a decent enough two stage trigger with a combination of adjustment, filing, and in the most extreme case a new 2nd stage grub screw. But not really that big a deal compared to trying to graft a Rekord in!
    I've seen your posts Jon including the grub screw. Good work! I just thought fitting another trigger might give me years of head-scratching to enjoy :-)
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    £435. (plus post) from here: http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s...le-model-sport although they don't seem to be in stock, so I suppose you'd want to request a delivery date.
    That will work out £573 plus bank fees on current exchange rate delivered. Bet bottom dollar if available in UK would be close to £700
    Buinger only deal in 6ft/lb and have some clout with Fen being one of their best customers.

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    That will work out £573 plus bank fees on current exchange rate delivered. Bet bottom dollar if available in UK would be close to £700
    Buinger only deal in 6ft/lb and have some clout with Fen being one of their best customers.
    That's a whooping 130-odd quid for delivery Jon!

Interestingly, Buinger say guns cannot be sent via DHL, so they have to use a fancy (expensive) private courier.

Yet Schneider will ship me a gun via DHL for 18.50 euros!

Who is right?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Yes you're right it was the rammer I was thinking of, Doh!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.