Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should i buy a hw100

should i buy a hw100

hi i am thinking in buying a hw100 put can i buy a better pcp for around the same money
    thanks

no ....
    Cheers Lloyd

yes you should and yes you can to both questions,I have a HW100 KT in.177 nice all round but I also like the AA 410 in carbine less pellet count but only a small amount not worth talking about,buy second hand after trying both . I have a Daystate mk3 find it to clinical prefer my 100 but its all about choice
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    The HW100 is a very good PCP IMO.

Brand New, personally I can't think of any better PCP's for the price, secondhand then there are more choices.

ATB

Can you buy a better pcp, proberly not.
    Can you buy a better looking pcp, possibly.
    Finest engineering quality there is.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Its ugly, too heavy and everyone says they're the best thing ever!

I got one a month or so back and now we have two! I fixed the ugly with CS700 & 800 stocks, but they're great rifles!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I have a 1OOkt I also have a Daystate mk4 Target and a Steyr 11O hunter , are they more accurate than the 1OOkt ? only just , but at twice the price they should be , there not twice the rifle and as an all round rifle the 1OOkt beats them hands down , buy one you wont regret it
    A few nice rifles

There is a very nice one in a CS800 stock in sales on here, not a million miles from you

I bought a brand new HW100s in .177, and I wouldn't part with it for all the tea in china
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Hw100

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Can you buy a better pcp, proberly not.
    Can you buy a better looking pcp, possibly.
    Finest engineering quality there is.

Wot he said.
    mk2 rapid.22

Only if you're prepared to be another Fanboy.

I bought a full-length Sporter less than a year ago, and recently almost sold it to finance a guitar amp, before I came to my senses. I still bought the amp, and will be properly skint for a while as a result, but I still keep going to pick up the 100S to make sure it is still there, such is my relief at not letting it go.

Whether or not you should buy one will depend on what you want out of a PCP, and what you will use it for. If it is for hunting, there are prettier rifles available, cheaper ones, and more expensive ones equipped with pointless embellishments such as display screens and printed circuit boards.

But if you want a rifle that is superbly engineered, rugged, reliable, laser-accurate and imbued with Teutonic excellence, I think you should buy a 100. It was built to a purpose, and offers you genuinely useful features such as the ability to cycle the action without worrying about inadvertently chambering another pellet.

It is not beautiful, but its appeal comes from a deeper place than superficial cosmetics and which only reveals itself to you with use over time.

If you want something that just looks tarty, your money could be better spent elsewhere.

I am curious why people say the HW100 is heavy.

I just had a HW100KS and it was 7.5lbs without scope. To be honest I thought it felt quite light.

I was looking for a new pcp 3 weeks ago and could not decide over the hw 100 carbine or the new ultimate sporter so I got both on the same day but if I had shot the hw be for hand I would have not brought both just the 100 is very well balance smooth and a great all rounder

Almost everybody will tell you to buy the HW100 and no you probably can't get a better rifle for the same money and for the most I would agree but that doesn't mean to say it'll suit you, they are quite a lump and I for one am not fond of heavy rifles I owned a TX once and soon found myself trading it in for lighter rifle !...

I was determined the TX was the rifle for me, oh how wrong was I and what an expensive mistake !...

Basically what I'm saying is only you can decide if it's rite for you or not you just gotta try for yourself !...