Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: should i buy a hw100

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    I am curious why people say the HW100 is heavy.

I just had a HW100KS and it was 7.5lbs without scope. To be honest I thought it felt quite light.
    It's heavy with a ev2 stock,MTC scope, bi pod, night vision but I'm quite upper built so I suit a heavy gun
    Soon to get my new custom stock don't know how heavy it will be then (hopefully a tad lighter)
    Last edited by Hawkeye20; 01-08-2014 at 09:35 PM.

i was just taliking to the guys in the shop today and was told to buy the carbine as the full length rifle is nose heavy but if you do not stand and shoot that will not be a problem

hi i had the hw100 in 22 cal and was very disappointed with the distance it shot at compared to my huntsman classic, most of my guns have been 177 cal so may not totally be the gun itself but it was very lazy at distance compared to the huntsman. i found the stock great and did not find the hw100 heavy but some big scopes and bi pods i think i would give a miss, i would not have another 22 cal but i would think on a 177 cal if i decided to go for another hw 100

Quote Originally Posted by ZaksGod View Post
    i was just taliking to the guys in the shop today and was told to buy the carbine as the full length rifle is nose heavy but if you do not stand and shoot that will not be a problem
    That's not true at all very well balanced with the full length rifle pick them both up and decide for yourself instead of listening to other people as you got to remember your the one that is going to shoot it

Cool definitely get an hw100

There basically an awesome piece of engineering .

See if you can shoot one before you buy .

The cocking mechaninism and loading mechanism on the modern ones are so effortles and smooth 14 shots in magazine . if you miss reload shoot kill bunnie job done .

trigger can be a bit sensative so get use to that first .

Barrel more accurate then any human being .

Sillencer is super quiet .

Bluing is top nosh too .

get a 1.77 for hft or if your only in to targets otherwise get a .22

i find 1.77 not great for hunting but great for hft targets etc.

Oh and buy the way if its properly looked after it'll still be working great long after your alive ..

Quote Originally Posted by lozninja View Post
    There basically an awesome piece of engineering .

See if you can shoot one before you buy .

The cocking mechaninism and loading mechanism on the modern ones are so effortles and smooth 14 shots in magazine . if you miss reload shoot kill bunnie job done .

trigger can be a bit sensative so get use to that first .

Barrel more accurate then any human being .

Sillencer is super quiet .

Bluing is top nosh too .

get a 1.77 for hft or if your only in to targets otherwise get a .22

i find 1.77 not great for hunting but great for hft targets etc.

Oh and buy the way if its properly looked after it'll still be working great long after your alive ..
    Good write up but I have always used .177 for hunting and shoot up to 70 yards no problems with killing them at all +you get flat directory with .177
    .22 is best at fac, not sub 12

This is my custom hw100, hope you like
    Last edited by Hawkeye20; 02-08-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Nice hw matey atvb dave g
    Last edited by dave goodall; 02-08-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Each To There Own

Always shoot vermin with a 22 i have personally .

i have tried hunting in the past with 1.77 but find its always overkill at close range . 9 times out of ten the pellets gone straight through the other side of bunny left a tiny hole and the poor chap goes running off in a mangled mess somewhere.

don't generally get that with decent pellets on a .22 back of the head shot, also .22 pellets slightly larger and slower and when they hit they do more damage .

only my opinion though

Quote Originally Posted by lozninja View Post
    Always shoot vermin with a 22 i have personally .

i have tried hunting in the past with 1.77 but find its always overkill at close range . 9 times out of ten the pellets gone straight through the other side of bunny left a tiny hole and the poor chap goes running off in a mangled mess somewhere.

don't generally get that with decent pellets on a .22 back of the head shot, also .22 pellets slightly larger and slower and when they hit they do more damage .

only my opinion though
    Vermin around here are shy and have no chance getting within 40yards, yeah .22 for rats as the bc is larger

Nikharvey is offline Goes by the name of Marjorie at weekends...
    Only weedy people say the 100 is heavy,is it ugly? yeah,my 100t stock is very ugly but when I'm looking through the scope I can't see the stock so dont really care what it looks like I bought it to do what it was designed to be and thes extremely accurate.
    ''It is said we learn by our mistakes........clearly not as we keep making the same mistakes.'' My Theory
    ''War is the continuation of politics by other means'' Carl Von Clausewitz.

For the money, new, No, they are the best PCP out there.
    I have just bought my second 100, a new .177 KT with laminate stock. Lovely

Try before you buy though - the KT has far better balance and pointability than the full length T.
    The S seems to be made for people with huge hands. To me, the pistol grip swell is too big for average hands, and it doesn't feel "right" to me. But it might to you, very personal gun fit, definitely, as others have said, try before you buy

I wanted a HW100S, because I thought they look better, and a much better shot count. To me, the full length rifles don't balance nicely, and are front heavy. The S also doesn't "feel" right due to the too big palm swell....

I have bought two KT's now. A .22 and .177 laminate. Wouldn't swap them for any other rifle thanks!

Just try them all out for hold and comfort before you buy. Trust me I would have bought the wrong ones if I hadn't first...

Cheers
    Mark
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    This is my custom hw100, hope you like
    Oh Mien Gott !

Hi

Again I have found this very useful as I am considering the HW 100 carbine and the r10 mk 2.

I have a hw100s (full length in 177).
    Yes its an ugly bugger alright and it is relatively heavy, although an aftermarket alloy cylinder does remedy this slightly and brings the balance back to the rear.
    I can forgive these minor issues because it is so well made, it is an excellent piece of engineering and is supremely accurate. I Highly recommended one.