Thread: Crosman 1077

Crosman 1077

Hi all!
    My first post on the forum - been lurking for a while. I brought a crosman 1077 for plinking in the garden - great fun for destroying tin cans. Only problem it goes through those 12g capsules mighty quick.
    Just wondering has anybody here with a crosman 1077 converted it over to 88g capsules - does it work out cheaper?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ftsefund View Post
    Hi all!
    My first post on the forum - been lurking for a while. I brought a crosman 1077 for plinking in the garden - great fun for destroying tin cans. Only problem it goes through those 12g capsules mighty quick.
    Just wondering has anybody here with a crosman 1077 converted it over to 88g capsules - does it work out cheaper?
    thanks
    Hi, I haven't personally converted it over to 88g capsules but I can guarantee that it'll work out more expensive. The cost for 88g capsules PER GRAM OF CO2 is considerably higher than it is in 12g capsules. I'm not sure why this is, probably to do with the competition from numerous manufacturers for 12g capsules and the fact that they have many applications outside of airguns. At any rate, you should be paying somewhere in the region of 35p/ capsule. Bulk buy a minimum of 50 at a time from the likes of JS Ramsbottom or the like. With regards to performance, the liquid co2 comes out at the same pressure regardless of the size of the power source (e.g. 12g vs. 88g) but you obviously get more shots per capsule from a 88g AND there is the added benefit of much reduced cool down when rapid firing from the 88g vs. the 12g. If you are seriously in the market to save some cash where co2 is concerned then consider bulk filling (e.g. from a paintball cylinder). This ruins the lines and the light weight of the 1077 for me personally, and given the fact that pellets can never be brought down to a comparably low cost, there will still be some cost for shooting.

Oli