Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "quote from R7OC"

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!

"quote from R7OC"

a guy on the R7OC site called up a new company or an old company re-born, depending which way you look at it.

This is the quote

"Well team I put this post here as it is technically not a Rapid but we all know it is apart from some internal "mods" .Well I rang a certain airgun builder asking for a few small parts in my Mk 2 build , (I know they fit cos a friend has one and I have tried the bits and they fit ) so me to lady ,I would like to purchase said parts , lady asks which model , I replied Rapid Mk 2 as I know they fit , oh dear bad reply on my part ,we are not bloody theoben they went bust we are ****** airguns ,our guns are superior to theirs , ok I said but can you still supply my parts , nope was the reply !!! .Ok fine , can you please tell me why you will not send me these parts , answer our parts are far superior to Theoben , fitting them to an inferior rifle would invalidate any warranty , then she hung up .....BTW this firm is UK based ."
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Would it be the "new" company the says this on their About Us page???

are also able to service and repair Theoben rifles and provide a full range of spares for them.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

lol so they kept old frosty knickers on then
    Cheers Lloyd

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    that be the ones!

another quote relating to this topic from another member

"I made the mistake of calling them for advice about servicing my Taunus (at first I thought they were now all things Theoben) I was told quit abruptly that they have no parts for gas rams as they only deal in high end PCP's and was told that I needed to look for second hand parts, then hung up. Wont be calling them again!"
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Guy's please remember it's Ed that gets sues if there is any Slander/Libel
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

it's only slander/libel if it's not true
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    But what if "Sues" is a stunner with cracking tits?

Quote Originally Posted by funkedup View Post
    that be the ones!

another quote relating to this topic from another member

"I made the mistake of calling them for advice about servicing my Taunus (at first I thought they were now all things Theoben) I was told quit abruptly that they have no parts for gas rams as they only deal in high end PCP's and was told that I needed to look for second hand parts, then hung up. Wont be calling them again!"
    Very odd. Darren Godfrey was very up-beat at the Shooting Show at the beginning of the year and said that they WERE able to supply spares for the old gas rams. What we don't know, of course, is the attitude of the caller in these examples. "Frosty Drawers" was never unpleasant to me on the rare occasions that I spoke to her. However, if the company doesn't have the spares then a spokesman should come clean about it.

Quote Originally Posted by brucegill View Post
    But what if "Sues" is a stunner with cracking tits?
    Well played, sir
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Phone typing while out and about

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Give Martin an email from rapid air weapons, he will sort it out for you. They carry all Theoben spares

Regards
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    I have posted before about the defamation act 2013, and not got and answer from the mod I directed it to.

Operators of websites: Action against a website operator, on a statement posted on the website, it is a defence to show that it was not the operator who posted the statement on the website. The defence is defeated if it was not possible for the claimant to identify the person who posted the statement, or the claimant gave the operator a notice of complaint and the operator failed to respond in accordance with regulations. A claimant can “identify” a person only if they have sufficient information to bring proceedings against the person. Regulations (made by the Secretary of State) may determine the action to be taken in response to a notice of complaint, such as identity, contact details and time limits for removals, subject to the courts discretion. A notice of complaint must specify the complainant’s name, the statement concerned and explains why it is defamatory, and specifies where on the website it was posted. Where a court gives judgment for the claimant in an action the court may order the defendant to publish a summary of the judgment. Regulations may make provision in which a notice, which is not a notice of complaint, is to be treated as a notice of complaint. The defence is defeated if the claimant shows that the operator of the website acted with malice in the posting of the statement. The defence is not defeated if the website operator moderates statements posted on it by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I have posted before about the defamation act 2013, and not got and answer from the mod I directed it to.
    That's all well and good bud,,,, But Ed's site Ed makes the rules Ed pays the bills We enforce the rules

How about a simple "if YOU speak to them first hand then YOU can say what happened, word for word "

But don't spread 3rd hand gossip as there's no way to know how much is true or exactly what the tone of the conversation was from both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How about a simple "if YOU speak to them first hand then YOU can say what happened, word for word "

But don't spread 3rd hand gossip as there's no way to know how much is true or exactly what the tone of the conversation was from both sides.
    Also there has been no mention of any particular company as yet. So it is all speculation and guess work so far.
    But that said I won't be bothering to call the company I "believe" we are on about as I found them as much use as a f?*t on a toothbrush.

ATB. Hal.