Thread: lyman 505 scales?

lyman 505 scales?

Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading my lee balance scales and have been looking at the lyman 505 ones, any one using them? Any good?

Ben
    Brno 22 hornet - CZ 455 Thumbhole 16" 17 Hmr - Baikal Sxs 12 gauge - Air Arms s410

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben410 View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading my lee balance scales and have been looking at the lyman 505 ones, any one using them? Any good?

Ben
    Same as the RCBS 502s from the pictures, good basic scales.

How much have you been asked for one?
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Ive only had a quick look on the net but around 70 quid ish I think. Dont really want to spend silly money.

B
    Brno 22 hornet - CZ 455 Thumbhole 16" 17 Hmr - Baikal Sxs 12 gauge - Air Arms s410

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    The RCBS 505 is a bit better , should be able to find one SH for that sort of money.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by randy bohannon View Post
    the rcbs 505 is a bit better , should be able to find one sh for that sort of money.
    ^^^^^^^// good advice \\^^^^^^^
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

As above, iv got 505 ones and they are well worth the money. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    The RCBS 505 is a bit better , should be able to find one SH for that sort of money.
    Thanks gents I'll have a look about.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben410 View Post
    Ive only had a quick look on the net but around 70 quid ish I think. Dont really want to spend silly money.

B
    Hi, if there is one thing you want to spend on its scales......you can get away with cheaper dies, some other equipment BUT with scales you get what you pay for. Accuracy gives you safety and consistency. I use some 502's which are all you'll ever need.
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

I picked up a set of Redding #2 scales minus the pan hanger for £5, the hanger was £12 on Midway but could have easily been made if I wasn't feeling lazy. Superb scales for peanuts which were sat in a corner of a gunshop, worth keeping your eye out. A friend has the Lyman 505's and not issues there, both those and the Redding are much easier to read for me than the Lee ones I upgraded from.

Cheers guys looks like im sorted now. Thanks for the input.

B