Thread: Tanfoglio Witness and Swiss Arms 1911 Jamming Problem Fix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeonthree View Post
    Also, and this is very important, always ease the loading plunger up after loading the bb's. Never let it slam the bb's against the feeder tube retaining lips.
    I always put my finger over the top of the feeder tube and press down, so if the plunger gets away from me, my finger will lessen the blow of the bb's against the feeder tube lips.
    The choice of plastic at the top of a metal magazine seems odd. The precautions you highlight all make good sense, think I'll start to load with fewer bbs as I want to keep the spring as is so that the lockback operates as it should. Fewer bbs might help in other pistols where double feeds occasionally occur.

I guess they would not sell as many if they were promoted as 7 or 8 shot, most users want convenience (fewer reloads); maybe they should have used an all metal magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    The choice of plastic at the top of a metal magazine seems odd. The precautions you highlight all make good sense, think I'll start to load with fewer bbs as I want to keep the spring as is so that the lockback operates as it should. Fewer bbs might help in other pistols where double feeds occasionally occur.

I guess they would not sell as many if they were promoted as 7 or 8 shot, most users want convenience (fewer reloads); maybe they should have used an all metal magazine.
    The 8 shot rotary clip pellet pistols seem to be selling ok.
    If I want to shoot 18 without reloading, I grab one of my Crosman C11's, or my Sigarms GSR (non blowback).
    I didn't realise that other blowback pistols were having the same problems, but if they operate mechanically the same way, it makes perfect sense to me, especially if they also have plastic feeder tubes.
    There is one other thing we have to consider when thinking about these problems, and thats how we release the bb plunger after loading. I keep seeing pistol reviews where the guys load the clips and then release the plunger, allowing the bb's to slam against the feeder tube. I think thats the worse thing you can do with these type of clips. I bet the guys who are having the least amount of trouble are letting their plungers up slowly.
    I always let my bb plungers up slowly, except with my Crosman C11's. With those, I put my finger on top of the feeder tube and press down, so when I release the plunger, the bb''s slam into my finger, not the retaining lips in the feeder tube. Too bad the instruction that come with these guns don't mention all these things