Quote Originally Posted by Gadjet View Post
Very interesting thread, thanks for posting the info, I occasionally have problems with my Swiss Arms 1911 and this sounds like it's worth a try.

I have also noticed that when I load 18 BBs that the spring compressor that you pull down to load can sometimes get caught under the slot even though it was clear of the slot when loading the mag. so I never load a full 18, I might try loading 10 and see how that goes, I'm not to bothered about matching the shot count of the real thing, I'd rather load the mag less often

I've also had the CO2 spontaneously empty itself for some reason (only a couple of times), any ideas what that is?

First of all, always put a drop of Pelgunoil or equivilent on the tip of each Co2 cratridge before installing. That will keep the air valve clean and sealing properly.
2nd, sometime when the clip double feeds and jams the gun, the air valve gets held open partially, leaking out all the Co2.
3d, make sure the piercing valve in the clip is tight. It may be left handed threads, so be careful.
I read something somewhere about tightening a Co2 could loosen the piercing valve in one or more of the pistols out there, and I notice the cartridges do tend to turn when I tighten them, and I guess that could rotate the valve if it wasn't tight enough.
I have a screwdriver I ground a large notch in for these valves, but have not found one loose yet, so I can't say wether they are left or right hand threaded yet. Hope that helps some. Dennis