Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Hi mate i no that there is a love or hate going on over lee reloading stuff the kit is good for the money just don't use the scales they are crap get some rcbs or lyman ATB
    I'm the first to admit my experience is limited but it echo's this, no problems with Lee press or dies but I did get rid of the scales due to them being hard to read and the powder throw as I couldn't get on with how plasticy it felt despite it performing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
    Thanks chaps, taken on board. It seems there's quite a divide with the Lee equipment. I'll way it all up but may end up splashing out that little bit more and going for the slightly more expensive gear - who knows, we'll see. I think to wet my appetite I'll buy a reloading manual before I purchase anything to swat up and see exactly what is involved.

With regards to the outbuilding, I'll keep a close eye on things to see if any damp creeps in. It's not going to be heated 24/7 like a house so perhaps I'll need to make sure all my gear is disassembled and stored in boxes. Hopefully not as it would be a bit of a faff.

Here's a picture of the building:
    Lee equipment is fine. Some of it can be a bit fiddly and it is all built down to cost. Some of their stuff is excellent, the Lee hand held Auto Prime, neck sizing die and factory crimp dies. However, starting out you will never regret spending the money on a high quality single stage press, something in the rock chucker class.

Your building looks fantastic. I have a gun room that I try to keep at 50% humidity. At this humidity there is no problem with rust and it is not so dry that the wood of the stocks dry out. In the winter I run a De-humidifier for 2 to 3 hours a day, I have it plugged into one of those plug in timers that you can buy to control lights so that it looks like you are at home. At the moment it is switched off because it isn't needed. The humidity meter was a a few quid from , the timer cost about a fiver from B&Q and the De-humidifier was about 80 quid from a consumer electronics shop; running 2-3 hours a day hardly uses any electricity.
    Last edited by Dogbert; 17-08-2014 at 12:55 PM.