Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone use Reloader 19 for .243

why not try Vit 160 its a great powder in the 243 with that weight bullet it also works out cheaper being in larger tubs.

I have had bad experiences with vit 140, it does not meter well so I have tended to avoid all vit powders.

vasbyt.skollie is offline The impossible I can do, Miracles take time..
    Quote Originally Posted by neutron_bomb View Post
    What load of RL17 are you using??
    I worked up to 43gr of RL17. No pressure signs as it's only an 80-85% fill.

Vasbyt
    Gas operative extraordinaire

Excellent

That sounds about right for the burn rate which is about the same as imr 4350, thanks for the information I will give it a try as soon as I can get my hands on some

I have had bad experiences with vit 140, it does not meter well so I have tended to avoid all vit powders.
    well you must have got it damp as its a lovely powder to work with al lthrough the range.

No I have not got it wet.

It is not only me either some of my bench rest shooting friends get inconsistent results with vit powders, the general conclusion seems to be the grain size is too large and certainly in .308 I was gettingcompressed loads, with imr and reloader the grain size is smaller and therefore less compressed loads and much better groups

No I have not got it wet.

It is not only me either some of my bench rest shooting friends get inconsistent results with vit powders, the general conclusion seems to be the grain size is too large and certainly in .308 I was gettingcompressed loads, with imr and reloader the grain size is smaller and therefore less compressed loads and much better groups
    use a drop tube or put your finger over the end and tap lightly on the bench job done.

Frankly since I dislike compressed loads I will not be bothering.
    There are many powders that will give me the velocity and consistency I want with an 85% case fill, IMR 4320, IMR4350, Reloader17 and reloader 19 and they all meter better and burn cleaner than vit