So glad you're pleased with your Premier. I've recently picked one up myself at a suitably cheap price - I managed to beat down the price after trying it in the shop when the .22 pellet kind of "plopped" out of the muzzle when the pistol was fired. When stripped it turned out to be bone dry inside (totally devoid of any lube) but no rust and only slight scratch marks on the inside of the cylinder bore.

It's a series "E" with brown grips which are unmarked and the bluing is pretty well complete. I had always wanted a "Prem", ever since my best mate had an alloy framed one from new back in the mid 70's, but I ended up buying a BSA Scorpion instead (which I still own and shoot from time to time).

It's nice to be able to compare this old Premier with a .22 Webley Tempest (Brummy made not Turkish)!) that I've had for a few years. The Premier really feels like a solid piece of engineering, tho' the Tempest is smoother to cock and also has more clout. Perhaps the Premier's spring is ready for retirement, but it looked in good fettle.

All this is spurring me on to try and resurrect the very sad old smoothbore Junior which was given to me over 30 years ago!!! If I remember correctly, one of the trigger sear pins is missing and still has a nail shank replacing it, OMG! It was like that when I got it, honest.

BTW, I'm an ex-pat Mirfield guy myself and have only just come back from a weekend there with my dear old mum - perhaps we could excahange notes the next time I'm back in Lee Green?

ATB, Clogger