Thread: steyr lp2 cylinder leak

steyr lp2 cylinder leak

The cylinder on my steyr lp2 has developed a leak at the pressure gauge end. Has anyone had any experience of repairing these things or could give advice where to get it repaired. The cylinder is marked steyr 2014 and I can't afford to scrap or replace it at present (still in debt from the purchase of the gun). It came second/third hand with an old style lp2 about two months ago. Thanks.

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    If it's marked 2014,it will still be under warranty,return it to Harry Preston.
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    If it's marked 2014,it will still be under warranty,return it to Harry Preston.

Thanks for the advice. I contacted Mr Preston and he advised me to send him the cylinder. He replaced the gauge and returned the cylinder the following day. I was very impressed by his courtesy, professional manor and the speed with which he repaired and returned the item. Many thanks.

That's Harry for you.

A true gent

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308