Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size vials?

What size vials?

I know Kranks do them in 2 sizes 50 and 100 grain but what does that relate to in ml? Looking to source from other places as I don't need a box.

Thanks,

Ben

this is what i got http://www.hsconline.co.uk/blue-plastic-box-with-50xS1 the vials hold just over 30 grains (perfect for my pistol)
    they also sell them loose as well as 7 gram screw lid ones http://www.hsconline.co.uk/shop/catalog/bottles i recommend the glass vials as the plastic ones soon discolour with the dust from the black powder and makes it imposable to see if any thing is in them (or left in them after loading)
    7 grams = 108 grains
    2 grams = 30 grains
    2 grams =1.75 ml (in the vials i use)
    the ones i got from the the above company came in a p50 mcm case gard ammo box for 44mag
    Last edited by airgunnut; 12-08-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by pinguisgod View Post
    I know Kranks do them in 2 sizes 50 and 100 grain but what does that relate to in ml? Looking to source from other places as I don't need a box.

Thanks,

Ben
    2ml is about right for revolver loads.

Helen Harper-Smith has some very suitable vials for sale in both pistol and rifle sizes. IIRC the pistol ones are about £9 for 50. Helen is the Rifle Secretary of the MLAGB and can be contacted via the MLAGB website.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Item 120916341959 on that famous auction site is good for me in my .44 with 777.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by zanes View Post
    Item 120916341959 on that famous auction site is good for me in my .44 with 777.
    Looks good to me.....
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

the bay is not as good as some think http://www.hsconline.co.uk/2ml-plastic-vial-push-on-cap
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info guys, looks like 5ml will be the way to go.

Hi

Sorry to jump in but…… I find plastic vials not quite optimum, and prefer the glass vial it may not be very significant, and i apologise for being anal but here is why.
    Greasy fingers on plastic vials, glass vials seem to clean up easier with a bit of meths.
    Static on plastic some times holds a few grains back. don't like static!
    Glass vials just seem nice to the touch.
    I like small glass vials!

Maybe not very important I started with plastic myself, and there is not much of a price difference if any.

Thanks for letting me voice. kind regards Hero

I get nice groups at 25 Metres with 21gn of BP in my Uberti .44, that just fits nicely into the 1.5ml tapered centrifuge vials. I load the vials from a measured flask before going to the range, because a few ranges don't really like powder flasks.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson
    N.S.R.A. RCO, Club Instructor, Club Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    the bay is not as good as some think http://www.hsconline.co.uk/2ml-plastic-vial-push-on-cap
    E'bay item I linked to = £6.49 for 50 x 2ml vials delivered.
    Your link = £7.54 for 50 x 2ml vials delivered.

E'bay item I linked to = £6.49 for 50 x 2ml vials delivered.
    Your link = £7.54 for 50 x 2ml vials delivered.
    do you prefer to deal with a store that you can phone or call in at if anything goes wrong? or do you want to deal with some one who deals out of there front room and who take 3 days to answer an e mail and bitch like mad if you dont leave positive feed back?
    personally i would pay the few extra pence and have proper customer service and not have to go through an 3rd party to solve a dispute!

syringes

I was given a boxload of time exp 2ml syringes a while back. They hold about 40gn Henry's fine bp. A bit of toothpick blocks the nozzle and the rubber plunger bit is a great bung. They also stand up on a loading board with 1/8in holes drilled in it. And they cost nothing.

I have to say I like e-bay. Usually get the bits within a day or two and always resolved any issues without 3rd party involvment. Maybe I've just been lucky.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

well i use the one in the link,there great clear ,dont clould up etc ,but they do crack up near the top
    when these are gone ill go for the glass ones

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    do you prefer to deal with a store that you can phone or call in at if anything goes wrong? or do you want to deal with some one who deals out of there front room and who take 3 days to answer an e mail and bitch like mad if you dont leave positive feed back?
    personally i would pay the few extra pence and have proper customer service and not have to go through an 3rd party to solve a dispute!
    Honestly? Probably that famous auction site for small items like this that I can't get locally.

I'm really not sure why you seem quite keen to have an argument over this, but that famous auction site is about as safe as it gets online for buyers (to the detriment of many sellers). It really is comically easy to get refunded through paypal. In addition, sellers can no longer leave negative feedback about buyers.

That seller also has nearly 15000 feedback at 99.9% positive and has a website, which, whilst it is indeed operating out of "there [sic] front room" lists a landline and address. Their store also mentions moving to a larger warehouse.

Buy your vials from wherever floats your boat, but to play the "but but but that famous auction site is so risky" card (and get refuted on it) makes you look a little silly IMHO.

You could of course argue that you'd be better off supporting the MLAGB by buying their vials and be quite correct.
    Last edited by zanes; 15-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.

these any good?
    Good deal, Paramainiac 20-05-07
    Good deal, Snipperuk 11-09-10
    Good deal, Skygrowler 13-10-10