Thread: HELP! Diana model 5 (V) front sight needed

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker

HELP! Diana model 5 (V) front sight needed

Any help or suggestions on this one would be greatly appreciated.
    I've recently aquired a German Diana pre-war type Model 5(V) pistol in pretty nice condition at a budget price, but it's only bad point is the front sight has been filed down to a much lower than original profile. The rear sight has likewise been filed lower, but I already have a replacement for that one.
    Goodness knows why they've been altered - perhaps some "cowboy" found they were catching on the inside of his holster!
    Does anyone know of a source for a replacement or any other ideas for how I might remedy this airgun butchery? Is there a similar style/height foresight out there on a scrapper pistol or rifle barrel. I did wonder if something near might be found on an old Relum or a Slavia model.

Clogger

I remember these as having a tall foresight, your best bet is find someone who can build it up by welding (without destroying it!) and then refit it and file it down until it's right. Some older Relum foresights look similar but no idea if they fit.
    The prewar Modell 5 I had shot very high, must be the balance and firing cycle.

Cheers
    torrens

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    I remember these as having a tall foresight, your best bet is find someone who can build it up by welding (without destroying it!) and then refit it and file it down until it's right. Some older Relum foresights look similar but no idea if they fit.
    The prewar Modell 5 I had shot very high, must be the balance and firing cycle.

Cheers
    torrens
    Thanks for the suggestions, particularly the Relum one, as I know where there's an old Relum Telly barrel which I can check for the foresight height and dovetail dimensions.
    The photos I've seen of the pre-war Model 5's certainly show the pistols having a fairly tall foresight -- this one I have is shooting approx. 8" high at 6yards with it's lowered sight.
    All the best, Clogger