Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Case lube

I allways used Lee lube on a mat untill recently.
    I now use Lyman Quick Slick.
    1 pass on either side of a tray with 50 shells and its done, insides as well.
    No stuck cases so far even on full sized cases.

I used Lee and thought it was fine until I used the RCBS one.
    I roll cases on a pre-lubed pad
    and then dip the necks in a Lyman case Neck Dipper tub filled with Imperial dry lube

The difference between the Lee and the RCBS is massive. Both do the job perfectly but the RCBS lasts at least ten times longer on the pad.
    HTH Richard
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    I allways used Lee lube on a mat untill recently.
    I now use Lyman Quick Slick.
    1 pass on either side of a tray with 50 shells and its done, insides as well.
    No stuck cases so far even on full sized cases.
    This is what I use too. I use to use the one shot in the can but since they went to the pump bottle I find it pants.

3 tray sprayed then sized and cleaned in the ultra sonic bath. Happy now as I must have 20 million other makes on the shelf that didn't work for me. Lyman's did it.

Lee lube and No 3 finger

Don't like pads - messy and a waste of lube !

I mostly neck size so I use the imperial dry lube, which is graphite powder on little ceramic beads. It's as simple as undo the pot and dip the cartridge neck deep in the ceramic media, pull the cartridge out and it's dry lubed, no mess, no fuss. If full length sizing I do the same on the neck then use a RCBS lube pad and lube on the body. I echo the previous comments about the RCBS being mega efficient.
    Good deals: longy0710, Antonov, hairlesshunter, Gnome of the Woods, pinguisgod, zx10mike, matt007, Sir slots alot.

Quote Originally Posted by zx10mike View Post
    imperial sizing wax is by far the best.no silly dents etc
    A big +1 on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by grim_reaper View Post
    I mostly neck size so I use the imperial dry lube, which is graphite powder on little ceramic beads. It's as simple as undo the pot and dip the cartridge neck deep in the ceramic media, pull the cartridge out and it's dry lubed, no mess, no fuss. If full length sizing I do the same on the neck then use a RCBS lube pad and lube on the body. I echo the previous comments about the RCBS being mega efficient.
    Do you need to lubricate if neck sizing only?

Spray lube,

Hornady One Shot or RCBS Case Slick.

Very fast for volume reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner. View Post
    I have never lubricated on any of the calibres I reload for when neck sizing, However, I only use Wilson, Redding and RCBS - don't know anything about Lee dies.

I see there are numerous recommendations about which lube to use - I personally don't know anybody that I know who has used Imperial Sizing Wax and decided to try another type of lube - know lots who are still 'lost in the desert' trying different messy things. And, for that matter don't know anyone who lubes the whole of inside of their cases.

You only need to use the lube if your doing a full length resize with
    the Lee dies

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner. View Post
    No, I just always have.
    Good deals: longy0710, Antonov, hairlesshunter, Gnome of the Woods, pinguisgod, zx10mike, matt007, Sir slots alot.

No need with the neck dies. You also need it if you your loading 357mag and don't buy the
    tungsten carbide dies. you just get the steel ones

Hornady sizing wax, gave up with pads and rcbs lube. I just put a smear inside the neck, works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal1 View Post
    Hornady sizing wax, gave up with pads and rcbs lube. I just put a smear inside the neck, works perfectly.
    Obviously a broad market here, I used lee on the finger graduated to RCBS lube pad, ready for next step presumably spray on? I do however lube inside with brush/cotton bud using very fine graphite which i picked up from a lee or RCBS vid, but use sparingly and i recall it wasn't a good idea to use graphite on the outside? not sure why any more knowledge on this one?
    Optomist

lube

I rub a nylon brush on to the lube pad so it picks up some lube put it in the chuck of a rechargeable drill and put it in the neck for a few seconds at slow speed.
    I love my country, but fear my government