Thread: Hw95k & hw57k

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    nice reviews, like the both and own both. My 57 in .22 has a full welsh-willi tune and transformed a poor gun in to a superb one. The 95 is .177 actually its a SFS Banshee2 in .177 quite simply awesome and sits in a very nice GINB stock with nice brass trguer gard.

I owned a hw57 in .177 a few years back and always wish I hadn't got rid of it.
    It was loud and hard to shoot sometimes which I no was down to my poor technic.
    I sometimes got it right and it was very satisfying.
    It loved hn ftts.

I pretty much had a similar thing in that I originally was going to buy a UK made BSA lightning XL tactical after buying and not liking a TX200 MK3. Got too the shop and even though the lightning XL was there, it shot well and was everything I wanted out of a springer for hunting. I left with a HW95k.

At first it was very harsh, not too much twang but it kicked like a mule which left me with a nice cut above my eye from the scope which wasn't even that far back. So with no intention on returning or selling it so I set about home tuning it. At first opening it the spring was roughly cut with a fair bit of preload, barely any grease, no top hat and lots of rough edges. 1 month later, about £90 and its finally done as of 5 hours ago today. I've polish the internals, managed to get a Vortek kit from a guy on facebook (this was a pain in the a$$ to get working right) and had the standard piston buttoned and smoothed out.

Its now silky smooth, shooting 11.3 with FTT and getting 10p groups with hunter extremes and FTT at 30 yards unsupported. Extremely happy with it now!

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent

update

Been shooting the windfall plums in my garden today at 40 yards. That 95K in girlie caliber hits em hard and is deadly accurate; I think I'm back in lurve with.177.

The 57 is so smooth gentle and quiet but I seem to have lost the ability to shoot it accurately. ... is that common after shooting 'the other caliber' ? I feel it may be the different balance.

Well as a result I will take the 95K rabbiting tomorrow and have loaned the 57 to a friend who recently had his own guns stolen; it will be interesting to see how he gets on.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Very interesting review. Thanks

Nice review on 2 of my fave HW,s. MY 95 is a Sandwell Feild Sports Banshee 2 in .177 in a GINB stock with nice brass triguer gaurd, the 57 is in .22 and was bought 2nd hand. The 57 was awful at first but after passing it to my good friend Will Gerke aka Welsh Willi it returnded has a gun transformerd. Accurate and powerfull 11.2 with air arms domes, the 95 dose 11.3 with the same pellets- enjoy

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Out lamping on Thursday from the Disco. James drove with my 57, me pax with 95. Very few bunnies about but I had two and James got one too. He hadn't had a chance to practice at all with 57 so his shot goes to show the gun is accurate enough..... Oh dear that means it's me then 😩
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others