Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feinwekbau 300S?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    It would be top dollar and thats the issue, for it to make money I would have to make 50 kits minimum, so 50 piston bodies, 50 rods, 50 noses, 50 comp tubes, 50 breech faces for the comp tubes, then 50 inner cocking linkage rods....then the gun need machining work to allow the stroke.

I bet you would not get change from £300 maybe more.

maybe 1 or 2 kits would get sold, and I would lose massively

so...unless I get to make just 5 kits cnc on a back door cash deal it aint going to happen...sorry , I just do not have the time to stand machining all day right now, day job is picking up etc.

If someone wants the details how to do it...im willing to talk a deal, im not giving it away though.
    PM coming.
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Casey 2 pics for you, put them here so you can link to them.

1st shows the inner cocking arm coming back so it has travelled a full 180deg on its cocking arc...the arm is flush with the cylinder in the cocked position, and the second shows where the O ring is landing with regards to the ratchet slot in the comp tube, look close ...im losing around 5mm of stroke due to the slot right now so around 5mm worth of compressed air. I feel this 5mm shoud get me close to 11fpe.

Im not going to tell you the stroke, that would be giving to much away...this should answer the questions your nay sayer came back with.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.25.50.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.27.52.jpg

sorry about the fluffs etc, rifle has been in storage for 12months, i just whipped it out to take the pics for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I must admit I have a soft spot for the 75
    Would you beleve £65.00 with the diopter no one wanted it has its"old fashioned" still more accurate than many newer guns

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Would you beleve £65.00 with the diopter no one wanted it has its"old fashioned" still more accurate than many newer guns
    I paid £175 for mine, was stood shooting it at the club one day and a member asks if he could have a go. My 75 is scoped, i just plink with it, so i passed it over and asked if i could shoot his gun...Daystate air wolf I think...anyway...he shoots my gun, turns to me and says he now knows his Daystate recoils...the 75 just does not move. After around 30 shots he says to me the 75 was also way more accurate than the Daystate with 1 hole (5mm) groups seriously easy.

Walter has a 75U which is doing over 8fpe...stunning rifle, he brought it to the bash in june and was hitting the bucket with it

Two most favorite airguns I have shot are a FWB300s and a FWB65. Love everything about them.

I paid £175 for mine, was stood shooting it at the club one day and a member asks if he could have a go. My 75 is scoped, i just plink with it, so i passed it over and asked if i could shoot his gun...Daystate air wolf I think...anyway...he shoots my gun, turns to me and says he now knows his Daystate recoils...the 75 just does not move. After around 30 shots he says to me the 75 was also way more accurate than the Daystate with 1 hole (5mm) groups seriously easy.

Walter has a 75U which is doing over 8fpe...stunning rifle, he brought it to the bash in june and was hitting the bucket with it
    just shows how good these rifles were to start with

Casey 2 pics for you, put them here so you can link to them.

1st shows the inner cocking arm coming back so it has travelled a full 180deg on its cocking arc...the arm is flush with the cylinder in the cocked position, and the second shows where the O ring is landing with regards to the ratchet slot in the comp tube, look close ...im losing around 5mm of stroke due to the slot right now so around 5mm worth of compressed air. I feel this 5mm shoud get me close to 11fpe.

Im not going to tell you the stroke, that would be giving to much away...this should answer the questions your nay sayer came back with.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.25.50.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2009.27.52.jpg

sorry about the fluffs etc, rifle has been in storage for 12months, i just whipped it out to take the pics for you.
    Good stuff Tony. So the bottom pic shows same point in time....when cocking lever is 180 degrees to the rear? I see that the inner cocking arm is just about at the very edge of the slot in the action - true? Still trying to figure how, if the piston head is shortened that you don't run out of slot on the piston itself.... then again I don't know how far back the cocking arm lug usually travels in the regular action. Perhaps there is enough space on the factory piston to accommodate your long stroke?

Ed Canoles uses 1/16 cross section O-rings - could you do that and push the stroke by yet another 0.5-1mm? Or not worth it?

Cool pic showing the O-ring underneath the action. I assume the hole we are peeking into is where the ratchet lug usually sits? From that it's easy to see why you need a solid tube.
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

wow a lot of intresting info.

I still like the pistonring on it as that makes it almost imossible to break down, with Another piston and with a usual seal that will be lost.

But then again i guess that if 12FPE or something just under that is needed that will be ok for a lot of people in the western World at least.

This rifles are sold in such a big numbers so anyone can get one.

excellent work, hope you are able to finish it soon..

are you using no bumper at all????

Sounds like it will be a great mid power rifle when done... hopefully you get a chance to post a few pictures..

An American tuner has taken the 300s to 12fpe with a new comp tube and piston with increased stroke. I have increased the stroke on my 300s now by 10mm which is easy enough additional air to give me 11fpe with a HW55 spring..however I just need a new comp tube now without the ratchet slot fully machined thru the tube to take advantage of the extra stroke I have.

You do NOT need to use huge springs like Maccari has supplied for the 300s, the key is stroke addition.

I have also changed the seal from the piston ring to an O ring setup on mine, this alone gave me 50fps gain with the same stroke, when I maxed the stroke to the edge of the ABT slot I was up over 720fps with 8gr pellets. Im using a spring very similar to a HW55 spring in my 300s. My next experiment will be to machine the piston head further back and size a vortek vac25 seal to fit, this will be not only sized down but also the face will be machined to have way less lost volume...this may push the power a little higher still

My 300s was a german club gun, beach stock which was cracked and heavily pitted action, it however stacks pellets at 40yards...gun cost me 110quid to import from germany ...hence im using it as a test mule. When I have 11fpe from it I will get it blued and search out a new stock. I may even shorten the barrel down to 15inches as I know this will allow some power pickup also.

Awesome guns...everyone should own a 300s

I use my 3OOs and 3OOsu for fun bell target at home , but a couple of months ago put a Panorama 4 12x4O for some plinking at my local range and was spot on at 2Om . I started plinking at home too , and used it out to 2Om to shoot Magpies shooting RWS Supermags 9g flatheads head shots only you just can miss its such an easy rifle to shoot , brill rifles
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Agentum View Post
    FWB 300S that cam in the early 70s and was made into the end of the 90s really even if on order in the end.

Think these guns is as good as any PCP in the same Power really, and BR and FT competitions had have a lot of them as they is plenty and quite cheap today.

Hi Adgentum,

I plan to use my 300 S U and Junior both to try BR 25 M. My Junior now rated at about 9 fpe without stroke modification and with original parts and only new spring....
    Do you know where these FWB 300 are used in spring rifle BR ? Are you referring to Sweden then ?
    Any data on how they perform in results and group sizes on 25 meters ?

Thanks so much,

Hendrick

Quote Originally Posted by hendrickotto View Post
    Hi Adgentum,

I plan to use my 300 S U and Junior both to try BR 25 M. My Junior now rated at about 9 fpe without stroke modification and with original parts and only new spring....
    Do you know where these FWB 300 are used in spring rifle BR ? Are you referring to Sweden then ?
    Any data on how they perform in results and group sizes on 25 meters ?

Thanks so much,

Hendrick
    How is the gun to shoot with such a strong spring?
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615