Thread: HFT and FT Joint Competitions

HFT and FT Joint Competitions

We are running the Kingdom Cup Open Competition at Dunfermline Airgun Club this week end Sunday 26th June.
    The event is designed to allow HFT and FT shooters to compete on a level playing field head to head.
    The rules have been tinkered with to try and make it fair for both disciplines. For example 30 targets, scoring for a hit as well as a knock down, no targets over 45 yards. On the other side no restrictions on scopes, shooting styles or positions. What I'd like to hear is comments/ideas on the best way to balance the different equipment we use to make it solely down to the individual skills of the target shooter. Please visit http://www.dac1984.co.uk to get all the details. Any good ideas and I'll introduce them at next years competition.
    David

Paul Hudson Guest
    Rangefinding is usually the only "advantage". Even it out by having the target distances posted on the lanes.

Paul.

wornspring Guest
    No reason why you cant have targets to 55yds , and as paul said above either a cheat sheet of distances for the hft shooters or on the lane

Paul Hudson Guest
    With respect Pete, I disagree about the maximum distance. FT shooters expect targets out to 55 yards and practice on them. HFT rules allow for targets out to 45 yards. I rather think that to guarantee a level playing field 45 yards is a sensible limit, being a distance that both disciplines are used to shooting.

I also think that all shooters should have the benefit of knowing the ranges. It would help level the playing field in another way for entry level FT shooters who are still saving up for high mag scopes with good rangefinding capabilities.

Just my two pennorth

Paul.

LagomorphHunter Guest
    Isn't this like putting northerners and southerners together, war of the roses, rugby league and union etc together?

Could be very interesting...

Dying to read the post competition bitching / court reports.

Seriously though, good idea, and good luck.

Paul Hudson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LagomorphHunter
    Isn't this like putting northerners and southerners together, war of the roses, rugby league and union etc together?

Could be very interesting...

Dying to read the post competition bitching / court reports.

Seriously though, good idea, and good luck.
    Something similar works well at the Daystate Anglo American Challenge at Redfearn FTC

Main difference is that the same courses are shot according to each set of rules and competitors nominate the style they'll be shooting during the two days.

I like the sound of what David's suggesting.

Paul.

wornspring Guest
    Whatever you decide I am in favour (Sits on fence ) and I hope it is a succesful competition

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Sounds like it will be a good event! pity it's too far for me

I'd go along with Paul's idea - stick within 45yrds, and mark the ranges for each target.

Hope all goes well, it sounds fun.

Regards,

Steven

HFT and FT competition

Thanks for your comments. I'll put your ideas up to the competitors after the event. One thing I will promise you - feedback. I'll post results and peoples reaction on this bbs. I'll also put on the Club web site http://www.dac1984.uk.co a full report with photos. I am convinced that at least once a year we can get target shooters together to compete on what is generally seen by them to be a fair test of their skills.
    Last edited by goadave; 23-06-2005 at 12:17 AM.
    David