Thread: value of a webley longbow please

value of a webley longbow please

I have been offered two guns on anoher forum as a swap for some fishing tackle but I really dont know how much the guns are worth and if I could easily sell them on as I would rather the cash than more guns.
    They are a webley longbow (brummie) in a custom stock in mint condition and a "nearly mint" webley mark 3.
    I know custom stock can be hit and miss as far as selling goes, I do have picture but am waiing for a response from the owner before I will put them up on here.

Any help with valuations would be great also if anyone is interested in buying please let me know as it may influence whether I do the deal.

Thanks
    Edd

Just to add that I have had a look and the stock looks like he thumbhole one from the newer se model, not sure whether thats a good or bad thing.

Edd

Anyone able to help?

Edd

Hi Edd
    You will have more response in the collector's section ,with some piccys.
    les..

You do need to post some pictures for any realistic valuation to be given, particularly for the Webley Mk.III, as a really good early variant is worth a lot more than a later one, so a serial number would help, and is the Longbow stamped 'Birmingham' ?
    In my opinion the later 'Thumbhole' SE stock enhances the Longbow, and I have several of them, but not all may agree.

Thanks guys but the owner has said he would rather not post the pics on here.
    He has also said that its not an se stock but a proper custom job which i guess makes it even harderto value without pics.
    Im tempted to do the deal and see what sort of rrsponse I get if/when I get pictures up but it seems quite a big gamble as I really dont know what they are worth.
    Watch this space.

Edd

I'm with Troubledshooter on the SE stock - I fitted one on my Brumbow too

You can tell an SE stock straightaway as it has the webley logo stamped on the underside of the pistol grip. From the look of it, I'd guess they're made by Custom Stocks in Sheffield - based on their CS700

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    I'm with Troubledshooter on the SE stock - I fitted one on my Brumbow too

You can tell an SE stock straightaway as it has the webley logo stamped on the underside of the pistol grip. From the look of it, I'd guess they're made by Custom Stocks in Sheffield - based on their CS700

Dunk
    Just picked up this thread! I have a number of BrumBows in SE stocks and also think they are enhanced by doing so. I also have a sleeved barrel sample in a CS700 stock which is subtly different; but also very nice!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!