Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: c02 webley service revolver coming soon!

I fell for the French Cider thing a few weeks ago.
    Fear not!
    After a few days drinking Le Cidre I realised that it was shite.

Go for Savannah from South Africa - proper stuff.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It's cider has done for this country. And it may have done for you. First it was Mrs Thatcher and The Sweeny making the egregiously effeminate 'lager beer' from the Continent fashionable for actual MEN to drink (She encouraged the nation to aspire to act like the rich and take foreign holidays, while the pretentious TV Cockney plainclothesman was trying to set himself above uniform plod) THEN when the recent recession bites and in our hour of weakness the Irish and French apple industries launch an artillery barrage of 'cider', tarted up as a sophisticated tipple.... whereas we all secretly know its just a trainer drink for adolescents or cheap back-up for the derelicts in the park for when the Special Brew gives out. Lager, then cider .... what next? They are eating croissants IN NEWCASTLE! Wake up!

'The cider's fizz from street to street, shall weave old Englands winding sheet.'

Doomed!
    Do what Alistair! there's nothing wrong with cider that comes from these fair shores, it's the pissy "Cidre" or the Irish apple essence flavoured industrial alcohol they peddle in Gastro pubs that's making us all go limp wristed and unable to hold a proper pint of real Ale or Scrumpy by the flagon.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

hear hear Pete - Im guzzling a 2 bomb of strongbow out the bottle as I type and its no doin me any harm.

yet!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    hear hear Pete - Im guzzling a 2 bomb of strongbow out the bottle as I type and its no doin me any harm.

yet!
    Well done that man and to be honest, some of the French Normandy cider is pretty good but not the Belgian or Irish shite.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

my missus drinks the strawberry and lime stuff.. its lovely - too lovely, I would drink it like diluting juice were it not for the hefty price tag!.. round here its called poof juice!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    At nearly £200 for a bb gun... I'd have to be tanked up to the gills with Somerset's finest to part with that kind of cash for one

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    At nearly £200 for a bb gun... I'd have to be tanked up to the gills with Somerset's finest to part with that kind of cash for one
    I agree it is pricey, but..
    No one has ever made a replica Webley breaktop revolver before this, ( well one that actually shoots anyway).
    Also , for many people ( me included) , a lot of the fun/ pride of ownership is having a full sized replica of a real weapon that is capable of hitting targets.
    So, I am willing to pay that for something that will give me immense enjoyment. It will also remind me of the real .455 Webley I used to own before the ban.
    A lot of people spend that in the pub on a weekend and at the end of that what have they got to show for it...?

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post
    No one has ever made a replica Webley breaktop revolver before this, ( well one that actually shoots anyway).
    Also , for many people ( me included) , a lot of the fun/ pride of ownership is having a full sized replica of a real weapon that is capable of hitting targets.
    So, I am willing to pay that for something that will give me immense enjoyment. It will also remind me of the real .455 Webley I used to own before the ban.
    A lot of people spend that in the pub on a weekend and at the end of that what have they got to show for it...?
    Pete.
    If they have spent £200 on booze over a weekend, probably alcoholic poisoning and liver disease. The Webley is likely to be better value

Quote Originally Posted by flatrajectory View Post

Pete.
    Very true. I have known people I work with blow around that sort of money over a weekend with just a sore head to show for it. I know which I would rather have.

I'd still like to see a pellet firing version of the Webley though.

John

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    If they have spent £200 on booze over a weekend, probably alcoholic poisoning and liver disease. The Webley is likely to be better value
    £50,000 over a lifetime is apparently what the average wees away;

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-9763807.html

So some people must spend far more, as I may have 1-2 beers a MONTH! and many folk I know are the same. I do slightly know through work one person who spends apparently all his spare cash being "social" as he calls it, and apparently he is a liability at work, and drives in over the limit most mornings (I live in the sticks and we see Police as often as Bald Eagles flying so people get away with murder compared to towns and cities).

He said to a friend on finding out what his scoped precharged outfit cost "How can you afford nearly £1000 on a bleedin' toy gun" (HW100!)...To which my mate said "because I don't pee every penny I have away"!

Total self denial, the sign of an addict....

ATB, Ed

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Very true. I have known people I work with blow around that sort of money over a weekend with just a sore head to show for it. I know which I would rather have.

I'd still like to see a pellet firing version of the Webley though.

John
    I think Blackpool Air Rifles said they would be trying lead BBs in one ? we can`t use steel BBs at our range so .... Gordon.

Can't wait for this- I'm hoping there's a lead-pellet one that follows the BB one in fairly short order.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint.

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    I think Blackpool Air Rifles said they would be trying lead BBs in one ? we can`t use steel BBs at our range so .... Gordon.
    Both clubs I belong to have the same rule Gordon and I agree with it 100%. Copper coated lead ball usually works best in CO2 pistols intended for BBs. Just not as accurate as pellets.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I have on occasion spent large sums of money on social gatherings that may not have left me with anything material to show for it, but they were some of the greatest times I have had, I look back on them with enormous affection, and I feel considerably richer for them. Some truly awesome memories that will stay with me forever, and beyond price in monetary terms.

I fancy one of those Webleys too, though....

Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    I have on occasion spent large sums of money on social gatherings that may not have left me with anything material to show for it, but they were some of the greatest times I have had, I look back on them with enormous affection, and I feel considerably richer for them. Some truly awesome memories that will stay with me forever, and beyond price in monetary terms.

I fancy one of those Webleys too, though....
    I have had some good 'social gatherings' too over the years but don't remember them too well Only kidding. I don't think I could afford them nowadays as beer was a lot cheaper back then and I could afford guns too!

John