Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Load for 222

FYI Viht data has changed year on year for no other reason that they can

It is safe to also assume that powder data produced 10 years ago for batches of powder produced 10 years ago may not be EXACTLY the same as powder produced this year

its the reason people who are wringing every last bit of accuracy out of target rifles try to work with large volumes of powder from the same lot number

have you tried magnum primers?
    I am about to switch and run some N133 60gr loads on magnums as a test

No I've never used magnum primers. I never saw the need to when the load that I had worked ok.

And now that I've sorted out the problem I had I still don't see the point in using them.

Thanks for the advise.

fliss

[QUOTE=Fliss;6451875]No I've never used magnum primers. I never saw the need to when the load that I had worked ok.

And now that I've sorted out the problem I had I still don't see the point in using them.
    /QUOTE]

Where's the 'like' button when you want it?

If it works (well) don't fix it.

Rgds

Mod
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training, DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching
    Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

what if you have access to several 1000 magnum SR primers for free and limited access to normal SR primers!?

thats the reason I am "fixing" it

In 222 I used to load 40 grain vmax with 22.1 grains of N130 using the the Viht manual data for a 40 grain Blitzking which gives a max load of 22.4 grains. I rebarreled my 222 about 18 months ago and worked up a new load for 40 grain vmax using the data from the 8th edition hornady manual which gives a max load of 22.9 grains of n130. The load I've found works best in the new barrel is 22.7 grains.

I also use n130 for 50 grain vmax and Hornady 55 grain SPWC.

Rick
    It's not my faulty, I was just.....

Thanks for the replies.
    I don't know if it's my imagination or what but just lately the 40grainer Nos seem to be hitting harder than they ever did before
    they are hitting with a hell of a smack and the impact area as to be seen to be believed

their doing as much damage as a 70grain Nos in 243
    fliss