Thread: TS2 versus Pryodex

TS2 versus Pryodex

I have been using TS2 for my Remington New Model Army since always, I typically use 30 grains. I thought I would give Pyrodex a go! Is there a measurement (charge) comparison ration between Pyrodex and TS2 IE 1:2, 2:3 ETC?
    Enjoy every day, you never know when it will be your last!

one fer one is a good place to start , is it Pyrodex P you're using ? Bear in mind that compared to ts2 and other genuine gunpowder , pyrodex is VERY corrosive , clean thoroughly asap after use . I like 777 , not as corrosive and slightly more powerful than BP , I shoot .44 revolver . .36 rifle and 45-70 and use 777 in all.
    This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! Adolph Hitler – 1933

If i remember right you use pyrodex the same load as b/p by volume. If your using 30 grns of TS2 which is quite a stiff load weigh 30 grns of it
    into a clear phial and mark the level. Empty the phial and refill with pyrodex to the mark. Now weigh that charge and thats your equivalent load.
    Tried it years ago along with 777 but went back to b/p. Tim

I found this very useful...

http://www.curtrich.com/BPConversionSheet.htm

One for one by volume
    I use b/p or free pyrodex p
    B/p is better I think , I certainly wouldn't buy any pyrodex