Thread: my dream ratcather complete

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a tx200 and an s410 tdr lovely rifles but fettling with my crosmans has been a great hobby building guns therefore for me they have been more fun and i have had more enjoyment. Each rifle is a tool for a job an hw 97 or txt200 will never be as light and compact.

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    A mate of mine did all the mods to a Ratty and ended up spending more than a decent rifle would have cost I shot it a few times and thought it was still rubbish . he sold it at a big loss and bought a HW97 a propper gun to start with

I currently have 3 ratties, one finished which I call my little sniper rifle, 24" barrel HPA tank, BNM multi shot steel breach, opened up valve power adjuster , and collapsable stock, second is my little beauty, adapted to fit a wooden rimfire stock, powermax Hipac, HW77 barrel that's been stripped back to natural metal, and is therefore about 3 inch shorter than the standard 2250, brilliant to sling about, and fits in my backpack for ease, iv just started the next one, not sure what to do yet its gonna be a 2240 base, but we will see

They sound great bonnox you don't just buy a gun you build them! Everyone that shoots my crosman ask me to build them one I tell them half the fun is learning and tweaking them yourself. Those are the people I tell go go and buy a Springer or an ultra.

QUOTE=Bonnox;6449909]I currently have 3 ratties, one finished which I call my little sniper rifle, 24" barrel HPA tank, BNM multi shot steel breach, opened up valve power adjuster , and collapsable stock, second is my little beauty, adapted to fit a wooden rimfire stock, powermax Hipac, HW77 barrel that's been stripped back to natural metal, and is therefore about 3 inch shorter than the standard 2250, brilliant to sling about, and fits in my backpack for ease, iv just started the next one, not sure what to do yet its gonna be a 2240 base, but we will see[/QUOTE]

Must admit I've been wanting a ratty for garden plinking and a bit of pest control on an allotment I frequent but I'm yet to find one that's at a good price and hasn't been abused.

How much would you typically invest to get it shooting really nice and what model of Ratcatcher should I be looking out for?

Hi, my one pictured a 2250b was £50 off this forum. You don't need to add every accessory out there. I wouldn't worry about an abused ratcatcher I have never had a leak and they are so easy to strip down and cheap to fix.

I would add:

Crosman steel breech £40 and if you are on an allotment I would get a silencer adaptor I favour the light aluminium ones and they are only a fiver. If you have your own scope or a red dot sight to go on you could be up and running for under £100!

Some accuracy testing at 15 yds I feel very confident at close ranges.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...6/DSC01742.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Must admit I've been wanting a ratty for garden plinking and a bit of pest control on an allotment I frequent but I'm yet to find one that's at a good price and hasn't been abused.

How much would you typically invest to get it shooting really nice and what model of Ratcatcher should I be looking out for?
    Iv picked up a 2250 'in need of repair' for £35, which is fine as your going to change things anyway, but it's the fun of doing things and seeing an end product that's really satisfying, and doesn't need to cost the earth, most bits come up frequently on the evilbay, but there are sights such as Gmac air guns, sdcustoms, and probably more I don't know about just in this country, then look at America for so e real nice bits, actual build price can be as simple as £50 for a valve mod and new spring set, get a second hand steel breach, and you will have a more powerful rifle, that's accurate and fun, but them look at the really good stuff, stocks, HPA, longer barrel, multi shot breaches, shrouds and you can work upto hundreds, here is a few links to some of my various adaptions, the only problem is it's an addiction, you do it once, the. Change it again, then again.

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5376707a.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...psa4291971.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...ps30aee699.jpg

I do have 2 others which al get photos of when I get chance