Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my dream ratcather complete

my dream ratcather complete

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps73879d5e.jpg

I have always had a soft spot for the ratcatcher for me it is the perfect close range tool.

Modifications:

Simmons wtc scope
    Bisley torch mount
    BSA torch
    Powermax Hipac
    Crosman steel breach
    Extended pellet probe
    Adjustable trigger pull set
    Trigger shoe
    Allen head rebolt kit
    Brass safety
    Hammer spring brass guide
    Adjustable hammer spring tensioner
    Logun silencer

If no one else is going to say it I will it looks really good been thinking of getting one myself now they are doing the xl have a few Crosman pistols i really rate them

I'm thinking about doing similar mods to a 1377. Just keeping an eye out for a donor pistol

Quote Originally Posted by matt 1966 View Post
    If no one else is going to say it I will it looks really good been thinking of getting one myself now they are doing the xl have a few Crosman pistols i really rate them
    If there's one thing I can recommend it is the steel breech. If you can find a cheap used ratty and put a gmac steel breech on (they have an extra securing grub screw) then you will save a bit money. Plus if the used one has any faults they are so simple to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by MRVEG View Post
    I'm thinking about doing similar mods to a 1377. Just keeping an eye out for a donor pistol

This is my 1377 it is now more like a 1389 backpacker

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps256a796a.jpg

Modifications:

Mellon-air 12 inch barrel recrowned
    1389 barrel band
    Mellon air solid pump arm pin
    Rebolt kit
    Steel breech
    Red dot sight
    1399 stock
    1389 large forend pumper
    Trigger pull adjuster
    Hammer spring guide
    Gmac flat top piston
    Trigger shoe
    Swift silencer
    Last edited by ratbuster2240; 20-08-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Looks lovely! Ratty catcher!

Got a few myself; 1377 and 2240 mini-carbined, with steel breeches.

And the new XL, which I'm very pleased with. Excellent value as a bundle package, even the scope's better than you'd guess.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    This is my 1377 it is now more like a 1389 backpacker

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps256a796a.jpg

Modifications:

Mellon-air 12 inch barrel recrowned
    1389 barrel band
    Mellon air solid pump arm pin
    Rebolt kit
    Steel breech
    Red dot sight
    1399 stock
    1389 large forend pumper
    Trigger pull adjuster
    Hammer spring guide
    Gmac flat top piston
    Trigger shoe
    Swift silencer
    That's the kind of thing I'm hoping to do but with wooden stock/forend. Have you upped the power seeing as it can be classed as a rifle?

It's great crosman are adding steel breeches and longer barrels should have Done that from the start.

Both mods I have done for air, was for more consistent shots, I'm not after power but both the 1377 and ratcatcher have increased around an fpe. A forum member did the same valve and piston swap but added a .22 barrel on his 1377 and got 11fpe.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps73879d5e.jpg

I have always had a soft spot for the ratcatcher for me it is the perfect close range tool.

Modifications:

Simmons wtc scope
    Bisley torch mount
    BSA torch
    Powermax Hipac
    Crosman steel breach
    Extended pellet probe
    Adjustable trigger pull set
    Trigger shoe
    Allen head rebolt kit
    Brass safety
    Hammer spring brass guide
    Adjustable hammer spring tensioner
    Logun silencer

Did you consider Gmac's new multi shot breech?!

I like those. Unlike some "modded" guns, they both have an appealing air of functional practicality (although I'm no great fan of brass bits).

Item number 326 on my to-do list is to transform my 20-year old 1377 into a handy micro-carbine.

Thanks, you can bolt all sorts of tat on so I try and be sensible it's easy to get carried away with these guns.

I may consider the multishot breech one day I used to always want to add firepower but now it's available I'm quite happy with single shot.

A mate of mine did all the mods to a Ratty and ended up spending more than a decent rifle would have cost I shot it a few times and thought it was still rubbish . he sold it at a big loss and bought a HW97 a propper gun to start with
    A few nice rifles

I have a tx200 and an s410 tdr lovely rifles but fettling with my crosmans has been a great hobby building guns therefore for me they have been more fun and i have had more enjoyment. Each rifle is a tool for a job an hw 97 or txt200 will never be as light and compact.

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    A mate of mine did all the mods to a Ratty and ended up spending more than a decent rifle would have cost I shot it a few times and thought it was still rubbish . he sold it at a big loss and bought a HW97 a propper gun to start with

I currently have 3 ratties, one finished which I call my little sniper rifle, 24" barrel HPA tank, BNM multi shot steel breach, opened up valve power adjuster , and collapsable stock, second is my little beauty, adapted to fit a wooden rimfire stock, powermax Hipac, HW77 barrel that's been stripped back to natural metal, and is therefore about 3 inch shorter than the standard 2250, brilliant to sling about, and fits in my backpack for ease, iv just started the next one, not sure what to do yet its gonna be a 2240 base, but we will see

They sound great bonnox you don't just buy a gun you build them! Everyone that shoots my crosman ask me to build them one I tell them half the fun is learning and tweaking them yourself. Those are the people I tell go go and buy a Springer or an ultra.

QUOTE=Bonnox;6449909]I currently have 3 ratties, one finished which I call my little sniper rifle, 24" barrel HPA tank, BNM multi shot steel breach, opened up valve power adjuster , and collapsable stock, second is my little beauty, adapted to fit a wooden rimfire stock, powermax Hipac, HW77 barrel that's been stripped back to natural metal, and is therefore about 3 inch shorter than the standard 2250, brilliant to sling about, and fits in my backpack for ease, iv just started the next one, not sure what to do yet its gonna be a 2240 base, but we will see[/QUOTE]