Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my dream ratcather complete

Must admit I've been wanting a ratty for garden plinking and a bit of pest control on an allotment I frequent but I'm yet to find one that's at a good price and hasn't been abused.

How much would you typically invest to get it shooting really nice and what model of Ratcatcher should I be looking out for?

Hi, my one pictured a 2250b was £50 off this forum. You don't need to add every accessory out there. I wouldn't worry about an abused ratcatcher I have never had a leak and they are so easy to strip down and cheap to fix.

I would add:

Crosman steel breech £40 and if you are on an allotment I would get a silencer adaptor I favour the light aluminium ones and they are only a fiver. If you have your own scope or a red dot sight to go on you could be up and running for under £100!

Some accuracy testing at 15 yds I feel very confident at close ranges.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...6/DSC01742.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Must admit I've been wanting a ratty for garden plinking and a bit of pest control on an allotment I frequent but I'm yet to find one that's at a good price and hasn't been abused.

How much would you typically invest to get it shooting really nice and what model of Ratcatcher should I be looking out for?
    Iv picked up a 2250 'in need of repair' for £35, which is fine as your going to change things anyway, but it's the fun of doing things and seeing an end product that's really satisfying, and doesn't need to cost the earth, most bits come up frequently on the evilbay, but there are sights such as Gmac air guns, sdcustoms, and probably more I don't know about just in this country, then look at America for so e real nice bits, actual build price can be as simple as £50 for a valve mod and new spring set, get a second hand steel breach, and you will have a more powerful rifle, that's accurate and fun, but them look at the really good stuff, stocks, HPA, longer barrel, multi shot breaches, shrouds and you can work upto hundreds, here is a few links to some of my various adaptions, the only problem is it's an addiction, you do it once, the. Change it again, then again.

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5376707a.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...psa4291971.jpg

http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/...ps30aee699.jpg

I do have 2 others which al get photos of when I get chance

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps73879d5e.jpg

I have always had a soft spot for the ratcatcher for me it is the perfect close range tool.

Modifications:

Simmons wtc scope
    Bisley torch mount
    BSA torch
    Powermax Hipac
    Crosman steel breach
    Extended pellet probe
    Adjustable trigger pull set
    Trigger shoe
    Allen head rebolt kit
    Brass safety
    Hammer spring brass guide
    Adjustable hammer spring tensioner
    Logun silencer
    Not a Ratty, but a King Rat I did and sold on here a while ago....

Cooper T on/off valve, 25 shot breech, 24k gold plated cylinder, and more internal mods than you could shake a stick at!

Sorry I sold it tbh.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Not a Ratty, but a King Rat I did and sold on here a while ago....

Cooper T on/off valve, 25 shot breech, 24k gold plated cylinder, and more internal mods than you could shake a stick at!

Sorry I sold it tbh.

Cheers.

Roy.
    That Sir is Effin' well tasty, very well done, I love it ! Do mine please
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Just remember the customs and admin charges on stuff coming from over the pond, Royal Mail are ridiculous now, £8 a pop for the admin fee alone.