Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CS500/HW99 update

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Mick...im liking this one...http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=45&lang=eng and im thinking of dropping an email in and asking them a price for 1..5 and 10 and see if they will discount down on bulk orders.

I know they will also machine beech, ash and walnut...so we have a few options
    That is a fine looking stock. And it is great we are part of the EU and Poland is in it too, because I had to pay a fortune to get my 'made in the USA' HW30 stock off the Import and Excise people, seriously it was about £70.

So if Sheffield won't supply, Swarzędz will, with no knackering taxes to pay.

ok I will email them next week....see what they say

Im going to ask about Ash also, quarter sawn it has lovely grain

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    That is a fine looking stock. And it is great we are part of the EU and Poland is in it too, because I had to pay a fortune to get my 'made in the USA' HW30 stock off the Import and Excise people, seriously it was about £70.

So if Sheffield won't supply, Swarzędz will, with no knackering taxes to pay.
    14 hour drive / 4 hour flight according to Google

Seriously though $5k buys you one of these;

http://wood-carver.com/unispecs.html

http://wood-carver.com/gunstock.html

That's £3000....Divide by 20 members that's only £150 each. I can get one delivered to the U.K. F.O.C. to save costs but it will be possibly a month or two depending on container movements.

Maybe we could have a BBS co-operative stock making operation, we certainly have all the patterns between us...I quite fancy a curly maple MK1 HW80 myself, and when not doing stuff for members, it could be used to re-coup the outlay.

Actually looking at similar machines out there, it also is not that hard a thing to make...maybe a project in the future...

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

Actually looking at similar machines out there, it also is not that hard a thing to make...maybe a project in the future...

ATB, Ed

Hi Ed

Grantthekiwi made his own IIRC but I think he linked the stock rotation to traverse the router as well.

Quite a simple thing to make really.

All the best Mick

PS :- there's a bloke who looks a bit like you in Airgun Shooter this month Ed.

Shaun made one a few years back - brilliant thing to see in use. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

There are some very clever folk on this board with valuable skills. I would be willing to contribute £150 towards the acquisition of a machine that would make stocks, if we had someone willing to operate it.

Considering the lack of willingness on the part of CS, it could be a very valuable resource at our disposal. I realise it's easy for me to volunteer other, better able people to do the manufacturing, but you really would not want me involved in anything like that.

Anything involving money would need to be a transparent process, but it could be something done by the board, for the members of the board. My hap'orth.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Shaun made one a few years back - brilliant thing to see in use. I'll see if I can get a picture of it.

Here's a video of an auto duplicator Craig

It shows how simple they are to construct.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9yVXI4CP0

All the best Mick

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    I thought about buying one of these:- http://www.cloneduplicator.co.uk/clone_4d/index.htm
    The trouble is I've got enough problems making space for a lathe and mill let alone one of those

If you can gear the blank to rotate the opposite direction you can make a left handed stock from a right handed one and vice versa. *** Ive had a good think about this and it won't work, it's a lot more complicated to mirror a stock ***

The best thing for increased orders would be to find an EU supplier of coloured laminate blanks as shipping and tax make the USA ones too expensive

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 24-08-2014 at 11:08 AM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post

If you can gear the blank to rotate the opposite direction you can make a left handed stock from a right handed one and vice versa.

Cheers

John

Hi John

If you linked the rotators by chain it would be easy enough to alter the chain run to make the master and blank rotate in opposite directions.

All the best Mick

Any update from the Gun Tuning guys?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Any update from the Gun Tuning guys?
    not yet