Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS500/HW99 update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CS500/HW99 update

I received an email reply from Custom Stocks to a general enquiry about having CS500 stocks made for the HW99.

They say their CNC machine would require programming, which is time consuming, and would require a stock for the inletting dimensions, and ideally an action or dummy action or some type of jig for fitting.

They say obtaining these items would not be cost effective unless multiple orders were forthcoming, ideally from a shop that can order in bulk. I replied and asked if an order of 20 would be sufficient, but 2 days later have not heard anything back. I suspect the answer is no.

It was worth a try.

Keep at it

they can use my rifle and stock if you want, as long as i get a discount for delivering and picking it back up as there is no way im shipping it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post
    They say their CNC machine would require programming, which is time consuming, and would require a stock for the inletting dimensions, and ideally an action or dummy action or some type of jig for fitting.

They say obtaining these items would not be cost effective unless multiple orders were forthcoming, ideally from a shop that can order in bulk. I replied and asked if an order of 20 would be sufficient, but 2 days later have not heard anything back. I suspect the answer is no.

That's probably the most pathetic thing I've read on here for a long time.

A HW99 is £225 --- a very small outlay to enable a company to produce a new product.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

A HW99 is £225 --- a very small outlay to enable a company to produce a new product.

All the best Mick
    welcome to my world Mick...imagine having a webley longbow that needs a tasty stock, you see a forum post with a lad with a CS stock on a longbow, so you call them...only to be told they never did one. So an email or 2 later they change that story to "well sorry but we can't be bothered doing another...that one was a one off"
    They have the time, they just can't be arsed!

If they really were interested in making a product, they'd obtain the neccesaries to make it. Simple as that.
    Although I find it hard to believe, it would seem they must be satisfied with the income from whatever their best selling stock is, for whatever existing action, and refuse to inlet blanks for new models.
    Does seem a strange way to run a business though. I think I'll be dropping one of the true custom stock makers a line when I've saved a bit more.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

How many definites were/are there?
    If they're toying with the idea, and this must be umpteenth time they've been asked about the 99 (Ive called twice myself ), then perhaps a small deposit from each of us would demonstrate we're not timewasters.
    In all fairness to them, and in fact most all custom outfitters, you do meet a disproportionate ton of dreamers (Ive worked in the trade and know first hand). So perhaps they're a little wary of that ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    welcome to my world Mick...imagine having a webley longbow that needs a tasty stock, you see a forum post with a lad with a CS stock on a longbow, so you call them...only to be told they never did one. So an email or 2 later they change that story to "well sorry but we can't be bothered doing another...that one was a one off"
    Tony,

You have a PM..

Regards,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post

Screw that for a lark Tony.

I can see a way forward but I'm not getting involved.

In my world I have a meeting with a major transport manufacturer's trouble shooter, explain what I want, draw it on a scrap of paper and hey presto within one week I have what I want and the part has a part number and there's a spare one on the shelf.

And this isn't a small part either --- it's the coupling of an articulated lorry trailer rated to carry 80 ton.

All the best Mick

An alternative?

A member on WOC use this company to produce an HW30 stock. Don't know what they charge though.
    http://www.guntuning.com/content.php?cms_id=38&lang=eng

I'd love to have the kit & a workshop to produce simple no frills custom shaped inexpencive aftermaket stocks..., I love working with wood., it can't be that hard surely.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

All the best Mick
    Absolutely!!

Also, as they're in the trade, they'd be paying less than the SRP anyway, and would be able to claim the vat back, reducing this amount dramatically.

And, if they wanted to be THAT stingy, they have offers of free loan guns!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely!!

Also, as they're in the trade, they'd be paying less than the SRP anyway, and would be able to claim the vat back, reducing this amount dramatically.

And, if they wanted to be THAT stingy, they have offers of free loan guns!
    Precisely my thoughts. I'm inclined to go another route now just through spite to perfectly honest...

Well, I'd be genuinely interested to see what prices the raw stocks from Gun tuning are priced at

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Precisely my thoughts. I'm inclined to go another route now just through spite to perfectly honest...

It could hardly be called spitefully Craig

The simple fact of the matter is that CS aren't interested in supplying the item you lads want so you're having to look elsewhere to spend your money.

All the best Mick

It could hardly be called spitefully Craig

The simple fact of the matter is that CS aren't interested in supplying the item you lads want so you're having to look elsewhere to spend your money.

All the best Mick
    Mick...im liking this one...http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=45&lang=eng and im thinking of dropping an email in and asking them a price for 1..5 and 10 and see if they will discount down on bulk orders.

I know they will also machine beech, ash and walnut...so we have a few options
    Last edited by bigtoe01; 22-08-2014 at 08:23 PM.