Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CS500/HW99 update

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I'd love to have the kit & a workshop to produce simple no frills custom shaped inexpencive aftermaket stocks..., I love working with wood., it can't be that hard surely.
    a mill and a copy machine plus tooling and you are away...2k outlay would do it....for mass production

Some just manage with a router and home made jigs....200quid outlay maybe a tad more...for one offs
    Last edited by bigtoe01; 21-08-2014 at 10:59 AM.

I'd love to have a crack at making stocks too Rhys

Here's videos of how to do it: http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...&lang=eng&p=p1

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Here's videos of how to do it: http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...&lang=eng&p=p1
    and guess what, they have a HW50/99S pattern

http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=45&lang=eng

i know where i may be getting my stock...that looks way nicer than a cs500

FWIW if you could get a cs500 hw95 stock inletted but no fore end holes or cocking slot it would be quite simple to make the 99 fit, from the rear its the same, you would only need to inlet for the stock mounting saddle and a little for where the barrel comes to rest once cocked, obviously you would need to shorten the fore end.

Thumbs up

Like most things making a stock is just a case of having the confidence to attack a stock blank worth £40-50 with power/hand tools...... then you can work on fit as design will all depend on what wood you have left over

The peeps at Guntuning.com seem to be switched on. Someone needs to to send an action and an order to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    a mill and a copy machine plus tooling and you are away...2k outlay would do it....for mass production

Some just manage with a router and home made jigs....200quid outlay maybe a tad more...for one offs
    I've got a small router allready......

Mmmmm..., do you have any workspace?? A garage or somthing?...

I'd definatly be able to make it look better that's for sure.....

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid View Post
    FWIW if you could get a cs500 hw95 stock inletted but no fore end holes or cocking slot it would be quite simple to make the 99 fit, from the rear its the same, you would only need to inlet for the stock mounting saddle and a little for where the barrel comes to rest once cocked, obviously you would need to shorten the fore end.
    Plenty of stocks on here for ideas.., I'm sure it can't be that difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Like most things making a stock is just a case of having the confidence to attack a stock blank worth £40-50 with power/hand tools...... then you can work on fit as design will all depend on what wood you have left over
    Just practice on cheap wood to start., there is an exotic wood merchant near me that sells alsorts of different hardwood for as little as £3.50 a slab!! The secret is to do more hand finishing on the first ones so you get it right.......,

I really don't know what the fuss is about.., I'm going to do some digging.....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

There is an exotic wood merchant near me.
    Have you got a picture of her Rhys ?

The secret is to do more hand finishing so you get it right.

I'll just have to take your word on that one Rhys

All the best Mick

It's really not that difficult to make your own stocks, I make mine in my garden with a router I swapped for a silencer and the shaping is done with b&d power file, obviously different stocks require different router bits and if you can source the right bits then it makes life a lot easier.
    I did a hw35 stock a couple of weekends ago for a chap on here and although a bit fiddly it can be done with a bit of time and patience.
    I'm a bit busy with other stock projects at the moment but I'm willing to do some in the future if needed.

Mark.

And I think they'll "do" any design you like Tone

Tinbum and me were gonna try them out a while ago.

Did you see what they do with a Diana 48 / Mauser K98 http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=78&lang=eng

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Have you got a picture of her Rhys ?

I'll just have to take your word on that one Rhys

All the best Mick
    Yeah.., you are more likley to make a false move with a power tool...

Its got to be worth a go for a couple of bob.....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Mmmmm..., do you have any workspace?? A garage or somthing?...
    I do have a garage Rhys But for the past year-ish it's been full of building materials cos we were extending our house... But that's coming to an end now

Be interested to see what sort of price they are raw finished in the white

I do have a garage Rhys But for the past year-ish it's been full of building materials cos we were extending our house... But that's coming to an end now
    Are you up for giving it a go at some point see if we can't atleast just make a couple?

Are you up for giving it a go at some point see if we can't atleast just make a couple?
    Rhys, your more than welcome to come and see me in swindon to see how I make my stocks it may give you an idea how it can be done with just a few power tools.

Mark