Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CS500/HW99 update

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Are you up for giving it a go at some point see if we can't atleast just make a couple?
    I'd be more likely to start off trying to make some grips for a pistol

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    Rhys, your more than welcome to come and see me in swindon to see how I make my stocks it may give you an idea how it can be done with just a few power tools.

Mark
    Now there's a good offer for ya Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid View Post
    Be interested to see what sort of price they are raw finished in the white
    paul..I like the one in the pic, infact i really like it

might email them for a price...you interested?

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    Rhys, your more than welcome to come and see me in swindon to see how I make my stocks it may give you an idea how it can be done with just a few power tools.

Mark
    Awsome.., il do that, I'm on holiday at the mo, il be back next week, then il have a few weeks work to catch up on so il pm you then.. I'm bang up for this if its fairly simple I may even set up a toe path workshop

Be great to start being creative with wood again
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I'd be more likely to start off trying to make some grips for a pistol
    Who's pistol !!!???
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I had a go many moons ago at making a stock for a hw77 ,, the stock was from the start going to be a black stock. With this in mind and knowing the inletting was going to be a pain , I got hold of a donor stock and just sawn off the fore end and the butt ,, what was left was just put through a planer so i was left with a square piece of wood , I then just chiseled out the stock blank ,to take the squared off inletted wood and araldited it in place
    It worked fantastic ,, when glue had set , i shaped the blank to my preference at the time , which was a copy of a venom trophy stock ,,

No pics im affraid , i sold the stock on

Quote Originally Posted by tonyn View Post
    I had a go many moons ago at making a stock for a hw77 ,, the stock was from the start going to be a black stock. With this in mind and knowing the inletting was going to be a pain , I got hold of a donor stock and just sawn off the fore end and the butt ,, what was left was just put through a planer so i was left with a square piece of wood , I then just chiseled out the stock blank ,to take the squared off inletted wood and araldited it in place
    It worked fantastic ,, when glue had set , i shaped the blank to my preference at the time , which was a copy of a venom trophy stock ,,

No pics im affraid , i sold the stock on
    they do it this way in the USA a lot, they drop a machined inletted beech stock into a laminate shaped custom stock and vac pack it...so ensuring a perfect fit every time

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    they do it this way in the USA a lot, they drop a machined inletted beech stock into a laminate shaped custom stock and vac pack it...so ensuring a perfect fit every time
    Seems such a easy solution , especially for the home tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's probably the most pathetic thing I've read on here for a long time.

A HW99 is £225 --- a very small outlay to enable a company to produce a new product.

All the best Mick
    Absolutely!!

Also, as they're in the trade, they'd be paying less than the SRP anyway, and would be able to claim the vat back, reducing this amount dramatically.

And, if they wanted to be THAT stingy, they have offers of free loan guns!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely!!

Also, as they're in the trade, they'd be paying less than the SRP anyway, and would be able to claim the vat back, reducing this amount dramatically.

And, if they wanted to be THAT stingy, they have offers of free loan guns!
    Precisely my thoughts. I'm inclined to go another route now just through spite to perfectly honest...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Well, I'd be genuinely interested to see what prices the raw stocks from Gun tuning are priced at

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Precisely my thoughts. I'm inclined to go another route now just through spite to perfectly honest...

It could hardly be called spitefully Craig

The simple fact of the matter is that CS aren't interested in supplying the item you lads want so you're having to look elsewhere to spend your money.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It could hardly be called spitefully Craig

The simple fact of the matter is that CS aren't interested in supplying the item you lads want so you're having to look elsewhere to spend your money.

All the best Mick
    Mick...im liking this one...http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=45&lang=eng and im thinking of dropping an email in and asking them a price for 1..5 and 10 and see if they will discount down on bulk orders.

I know they will also machine beech, ash and walnut...so we have a few options
    Last edited by bigtoe01; 22-08-2014 at 08:23 PM.

For some reason the link isn't working on your last post Tony.

try now

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    Mick...im liking this one...http://www.guntuning.com/content.php...id=45&lang=eng and im thinking of dropping an email in and asking them a price for 1..5 and 10 and see if they will discount down on bulk orders.

I know they will also machine beech, ash and walnut...so we have a few options

Can't fault you for doing that Tony, a group buy could cut the cost of shipping as well.

Once you get a price from Guntuning it would be interesting if you approached CS for a price on a bulk order.

All the best Mick