Thread: Secret Squirrel !!!

Secret Squirrel !!!

So what's so bloody top secret about a Theoben Scirocco GP trigger mechanism that I can't find a single bloody image or exploded diagram of one anywhere on the NET ???

Got given the rifle a couple o weeks ago and the trigger was a bit dodgy (sometimes it would fire other times it wouldn't) so either a spring has come adrift or something is sticking somewhere, so instead of just tearing it apart and hoping for the best I thought I would have a look for an exploded diagram first just to make sure of what I was getting into (a not unreasonable request, or so I thought) anyway to say I can't find one anywhere is a flaming understatement and now I've had enough !!!

It's the trigger with the adjuster/grub screw in and pull down safety infront of the trigger guard if anybody has any suggestions they would be most appreciated !!!

Many thanks in anticipation !!!

Jozzer ...

Ssshhhh we could tell you but then..

Hmm

Not sure if this is of any help...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadl...lub/396443029/

Fallen

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Not sure if this is of any help...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/broadl...lub/396443029/

Fallen
    Thanks matey, that is the only image I had come across in my search that remotely resembles the trigger on my rifle but the trigger block on mine is rectangular in shape and has 4 pins held in by circlips with a selection of springs in there aswell as an anti bear trap !!!

All the other images I've found have either got different trigger blades, to many/not enough sears etc etc, but thanks for looking anyway buddy !!!

And so my quest for the "Golden Fleece" continues !!!...

They are based on a webley Omega trigger.

4 sears with the top sear having a floating sear inside it, my Sirocco is a later one with the safety inside the trigger guard.

Yours should be easier to work on with the safety forward of the trigger assembly.

Sorry I don't have a picture.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    Ah yes buddy thanks very muchly, I was beginning to get a bit narked with it as I used to be an engineer but I like to know roughly what I'm looking at before I go tearing stuff apart !

I run a few through it today and it's beginning to get a bit better (firing more regularly) so I think something's either sticking or it may need a strip, clean and de-burr !

So basically it's a "Webley Omega" trigger, ideal !

Thanks again bud's !...

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Ah yes buddy thanks very muchly, I was beginning to get a bit narked with it as I used to be an engineer but I like to know roughly what I'm looking at before I go tearing stuff apart !

I run a few through it today and it's beginning to get a bit better (firing more regularly) so I think something's either sticking or it may need a strip, clean and de-burr !

So basically it's a "Webley Omega" trigger, ideal !

Thanks again bud's !...
    Maybe a spray down with carb cleaner and see how it go's? A lot of folks use products like WD40 on their guns which can result in gumming up if it gets into the trigger mech..

Quote Originally Posted by Pete E View Post
    Maybe a spray down with carb cleaner and see how it go's? A lot of folks use products like WD40 on their guns which can result in gumming up if it gets into the trigger mech..
    Yes had thought about giving it a quick dip in some meths or some similar fluid to try and get all the gunk out without stripping it down and see if that worked first but I'm not to sure whether it's safe to do with the ram in place due to the seals !

I suppose as long as I dip just the trigger end in and let it drip dry first it should be ok, we'll see !...

Cheers buddy !...

I have messed with one of these triggers. The fault turned out to be the leg of one of the springs not being hooked in the correct place and it would some times jam the trigger mech preventing firing. If you look from the butt end of the gun with the trigger pointing up the spring leg went down the l/h side inside the block housing the trigger components. There was a slight lug sticking out which should of had the spring leg latched on it. Might be the same on yours.

atb

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I have messed with one of these triggers. The fault turned out to be the leg of one of the springs not being hooked in the correct place and it would some times jam the trigger mech preventing firing. If you look from the butt end of the gun with the trigger pointing up the spring leg went down the l/h side inside the block housing the trigger components. There was a slight lug sticking out which should of had the spring leg latched on it. Might be the same on yours.

atb

Max
    Hi mate, have checked all the springs and stuff today and it all seems intact so it just seems to be sticking, any idea what kind of a job it is to get all the sears back in once apart ?

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Hi mate, have checked all the springs and stuff today and it all seems intact so it just seems to be sticking, any idea what kind of a job it is to get all the sears back in once apart ?
    Fiddely but doable even with my sausage fingers! I would be tempted to spray with degreaser or oil though if that's all you think it is. If its not firing there must be something serious to hold back the force of the spring. Could it be a faulty abt or safety?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

With mine it was the trigger blade spring caught in the top sear.
    I have had mine apart so many time I could do it my sleep now
    Adjustment is interesting as it is by a single Allen screw that you
    Can't get at, so I cut a screwdriver slot in it so I can adjust it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammer View Post
    With mine it was the trigger blade spring caught in the top sear.
    I have had mine apart so many time I could do it my sleep now
    Adjustment is interesting as it is by a single Allen screw that you
    Can't get at, so I cut a screwdriver slot in it so I can adjust it easily.
    Cheers matey, I think I'm gonna have to dive in and pull it apart but I'll give it a quick clean first to see if it does the job if not "wish me luck" thanks again buddy !...

Well "doodlebugs" sussed it, the mechanism was covered in thick, sticky, oily shite so I stripped it out cleaned it all off and then re-installed it with a little drop of "3-1" here and there and jobs a good'n so a "happy bunny basher" once more, I also gave it a clean up whilst it was in pieces and adjusted the butt pad etc. now to run it up and re-zero it for my hold and I'm off to do some "bashin" once again thanks for all the advice !...