Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air around buildings and in the field. One gun catches all

Quote Originally Posted by Boydy47 View Post
    I use those in my .22 FAC on rats, don't get many runners!!
    They get my vote too. I Use them in my . 177, I exclusively shoot for pest control on an airfield and farm in the situations you describe. As people have mentioned, these mean there are hardly any runners or flyers for that matter, whatever the species or range. Well worth a look if they sub inch in your chosen gun at your max range.

At close range a .177 will likely go straight through a rat/pigeon, so I'd go with .22 if you have mainly close range shooting.
    You can still use it in the field it's just that you will need to be more accurate with the range of any shots you take because of the trajectory arc.

Nothing at all wrong with how the s410 shoots, a good workhorse rifle.

.177 / .22 either or, whatever you prefer, I use both in a similar situations to yourself. I prefer .22 especially at night because I find the pellets are easier to load with cold fingers in the pitch black, accuracy and stopping power are the same ( head shots in either calibre work fine ) once you know your ranges. Personally I think pcps are a must for rats if you want to shoot high numbers as NV is the only way to achieve this.

Rifle and scope are personal choices but bear in mind what I said re NV, might as well buy a scope initially suited to NV from the outset if you think you will eventually take that route ( and you will if your serious about ratting )

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by hermun View Post
    One gun catchall you could do worse than just get FAC and get yourself a AA S510 xtra for your money you get adjustable power 8-30 ftlb in .22
    but as they say its your choice and pocket.
    I totally agree. Had one (S410Xtra FAC)for about 7 years. Never had a thing wrong with it. Marvellous weapon.
    You want it fixed when??!

I use my FX Cyclone for close rats - handy having the 6,9 or 12 fpe adjuster on it (wadcutters tends to stop them whatever power setting used)

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    JABB - .177 all the way, it will be fine for the rats too, I use these for stopping power.

http://www.hn-sport.de/en/products/a...da-hunter.html
    They look really useful, I'll have to try them - a nice heavy .177 too.

The reason I like the RWS Super H point rather than just use a flathead is they hold the groups well until about 30M, those Hunters look like H&N may have looked at the aerodynamics a bit too.

http://www.ruag.co.uk/products/5-super-h-point

My regged .22 Ultra was a cracking rifle for close range work. Accurate, compact, quiet, and plenty of shots for a days work.

If you was impressed with the s410 get the s410. You cant go wrong. There isn't many guns better tbh.
    hoplophobe