Thread: Advise on Daystate Mk3 RT FTR 0.177

Advise on Daystate Mk3 RT FTR 0.177

I'm needing some urgent advise please.

Going to look at and test out one of the above with an MTC Viper 10x44 scope. Having never shot a
    Daystate can anyone tell me if there's anything to keep my eye out for?

Thanks,

Andy

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Chrono it. If it has the 2 batteries soldered to the PCB, find out when they were last changed.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    Chrono it. If it has the 2 batteries soldered to the PCB, find out when they were last changed.
    Batteries changed last month, are they for the trigger mechanism and do they need replacing regularly?

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    They power the trigger mech and the firing solenoid. They will last a long time as long as they are looked after. Just that if it was still on the 1st set you'd need to look at getting them done at some point.

Might also be worth going through all of the programable features accessed through the trigger. I'm sure the manual was available on the Daystate site that explained each of the 6 settings.

Check it is definately a reg'd action? The reg is a small cylinder that sits between the 2 batteries on the PCB (obviously the reg is actually part of the board )
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    They power the trigger mech and the firing solenoid. They will last a long time as long as they are looked after. Just that if it was still on the 1st set you'd need to look at getting them done at some point.

Might also be worth going through all of the programable features accessed through the trigger. I'm sure the manual was available on the Daystate site that explained each of the 6 settings.

Check it is definately a reg'd action? The reg is a small cylinder that sits between the 2 batteries on the PCB (obviously the reg is actually part of the board )
    Thanks for that, it's owned by one of our club members so I'm positive I won't been ripped off. Just nice to ask some questions!

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    If it shoots great and you like it id say buy it,

Battery's are easy and cheap to replace and I have had a few MK3's now from the standard sporter to the RT & FRT and apart from replacing the battery they have been lovely guns to shoot and shoulder,

Deadly accurate and very quiet with a HW silencer so a good HFT / FT or a hunting gun,

The stocks on the later ones were much nicer but that's a personal choice,

Good luck if you buy it and im sure you will love it.

Atb Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    If it shoots great and you like it id say buy it,

Battery's are easy and cheap to replace and I have had a few MK3's now from the standard sporter to the RT & FRT and apart from replacing the battery they have been lovely guns to shoot and shoulder,

Deadly accurate and very quiet with a HW silencer so a good HFT / FT or a hunting gun,

The stocks on the later ones were much nicer but that's a personal choice,

Good luck if you buy it and im sure you will love it.

Atb Harry.
    Thanks Harry, I only discovered this for sale today. I'm more used to my AA TX200 and S200 but I have a feeling it's going to be an
    expensive day tomorrow. I also have someone bringing in an AA MPR Triathon for my son to try.

With the package there are two stocks, two moderators, muzzle brake adjustable butt and hamster with a few other bits and pieces.

Can't wait to have a try.

Andy

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Thanks Harry, I only discovered this for sale today. I'm more used to my AA TX200 and S200 but I have a feeling it's going to be an
    expensive day tomorrow. I also have someone bringing in an AA MPR Triathon for my son to try.

With the package there are two stocks, two moderators, muzzle brake adjustable butt and hamster with a few other bits and pieces.

Can't wait to have a try.

Andy
    Good luck Andy and try not to spend too much money hey
    Atb Harry.

What club you in (mvac)

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    What club you in (mvac)
    Wickham and District Rifle Club, open Saturday mornings. I am going to join the MVAC
    soon, but son is shooting at 10m and don't want him spoilt by hft lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Wickham and District Rifle Club, open Saturday mornings. I am going to join the MVAC
    soon, but son is shooting at 10m and don't want him spoilt by hft lol
    Fair enough Hft isn't for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    Fair enough Hft isn't for everyone
    I'm sure my son will love HFT but he's interested in 10m just at the moment. I fear if I introduce him to HFT now
    (he's only 13) he'll miss out on target shooting.

Just for your information I have paid a deposit on the Daystate and will pick it up tomorrow. I bought if from Stu
    who is a member of MVAC, you might know him?

Andy