Thread: Drop-in CO2 Conversion for Webley Tempest, Premier

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Drop-in CO2 Conversion for Webley Tempest, Premier

Someone converted the old Webleys to CO2, how difficult is this? Anyone sell a drop-in conversion?

John Walker of Hull apparently, according to this old thread, but not many made and no longer available.
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....Webley-pistol-!

To be honest I thought that was a wind up question until I saw who'd posted it - I'm amazed anyone actually did that. What an unusual conversion.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    John Walker did some amazing CO2 conversions. I had a Lee Enfield he did, very clever.

Also our own Gedfin has done some.

Pete.

I would certainly like one if it would mean I could use a Senior, MK1 or Premier at close to 6ftlbs!

Imagine,an accurate and,(rellatively) powerful Webley over lever pistol.What an enhancement to their wonderful build quality that would be!

I'll take three kits please!

Drop in Co2/Air conversion for Webley pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Someone converted the old Webleys to CO2, how difficult is this? Anyone sell a drop-in conversion?
    Yes I did make one, & Yes it was a " Drop in " Conversion, With a milled end screw.
    I started to post Pics of it , but I got some flak on my machining so I did not bother .

I have seen a couple of the conversions, As was said with a Sparklets in the handle & Another, These were no where near drop in conversions,
    I did mention & Used an active piston,
    This had a valve machined in it at the end, Loaded with a light main spring it fired on reaching the end of its stroke, It was charged , ( Bulk fill ) Insitu.
    I bought a Tempest off mr Flatrajectory for the purpose, But was later given a steel pistol , This had the advantage of that screwed end cap that could be milled out much easier to direct air to the barrel.

The Webleys have a solid piston , This helped but I made a new one longer to hold more Co2, Power is dependant on the main spring ? I still have it,

Cheers Ged.

It sounds very interesting I for one would like to see pics of it!

ATB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    John Walker did some amazing CO2 conversions. I had a Lee Enfield he did, very clever.
    Cool, what happened to that? Not the sort of thing you can plink with with the neighbours watching though ...

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Cool, what happened to that? Not the sort of thing you can plink with with the neighbours watching though ...
    Sold on here many years ago. As you say, had to be slightly careful where you used it