Thread: Silencer help

Silencer help

Hi gents

My quandry is i've broken two silencer adaptors on my brocock Hunter, they are £12 a pop and a slight knock has snapped them in two. The question is is there a silencer that is threaded for 10mm already, as the adapter is 10mm to the barrel and 1/2 unf to the silencer as they all seem to be. If I buy another one that will be about the same cost as the silencer itself.

Many thanks for any help, otherwise i'll have to sit tight until the gamefair.

Hi, I have a Brocock and thought that the adaptor looked quite small and weak. I found that the silencer kept comming loose, I was afraid to lean on it too much and strip or bust the adaptor thread. My answer was to make a sleeve that went down the barrel to just short of the barrel band, this was a close fit to the barrel. It then stepped down internally to the 10mm size of the thread and tapped to fit (10mm X 1mm.).
    It then extended falword and then was tapped to fit a standard silencer. (1/2" X 20 tpi.). If I remember correctly it was bored to 6.5mm.
    It has never moved since. Hard to describe, much easier to do.
    I hope that it helps.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism
    UK Neil made one for my Contour
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

Look back through the past weeks posts someone was trying to ID a silencer & it was suggested it was for a brocock.