Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin Marauder .22 pistol/carbine anyone got one?

Benjamin Marauder .22 pistol/carbine anyone got one?

Anyone on this site got the above and your views after a period of use. Was yours an import and comments relating to the importing. Thanks

Woods Walker

Own a a Woods Walker. Had it a few months and can't really fault it. Very accurate and extremely pointable. Look around for some pretty solid reviews. The one thing I don't like is the movement at the handle/stock. It can be made a lot better with a few wraps of sparking tape then refitting the handle.

They can be had for £760 here in the UK which is just a total rip off!! Fire an email to Vincent at Airgun Exporter and they detune them with certification for the UK which is also to get it through customs. It cost me £390 including delivery from the states. It's the only rifle they ship to the UK but it's really worth it for the cost above in my opinion but certainly not for the shop cost of £760.

Oh it may be worth noting that it's quite pellet fussy and I'm finding that H&N Field Target are going quite well through it.

Another thing...you won't be able to have the pistol grips. Only the carbine handle. For the obvious reason.

Hope I've been a bit of help as I'd scoured the net for a bit of info concerning the import of one but drew a blank.

Hi Leeboy thanks for info, emailed Vincent and the price you quote is still thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by leeboy View Post
    Own a a Woods Walker. Had it a few months and can't really fault it. Very accurate and extremely pointable. Look around for some pretty solid reviews. The one thing I don't like is the movement at the handle/stock. It can be made a lot better with a few wraps of sparking tape then refitting the handle.

They can be had for £760 here in the UK which is just a total rip off!! Fire an email to Vincent at Airgun Exporter and they detune them with certification for the UK which is also to get it through customs. It cost me £390 including delivery from the states. It's the only rifle they ship to the UK but it's really worth it for the cost above in my opinion but certainly not for the shop cost of £760.

Oh it may be worth noting that it's quite pellet fussy and I'm finding that H&N Field Target are going quite well through it.
    thats one hell of a differnce in price
    would you have a link for htis airgun exporter please

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    They can also be bought here: http://www.rojal.si and as its in the EU there's no tax/duty to worry about. They'll set it to sub 12fpe and leave out the pistol grips if asked and its only £350ish
    Last edited by tinbum; 24-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Is this at Uk pistol power or rifle power.
    As it's can be both does this automatically make it a pistol.

thanks for the links guys.

When importing as I did they'll only supply the carbine handle and not the pistol grips making it a rifle and so 12ft lbs. I'd imagine it dogshit with the pistol grip anyway. The balance would be terribad. Just my opinion.

Does it come with a fill probe or is that an extra the buyer has to source? I ask because I can't find a link to whats in the box or the unboxing videos I can find thet don't produce any filling equipment or even mention it
    Last edited by bobster; 24-08-2014 at 06:14 PM.

No fill probe. It uses a foster connection (daystate, FX) so not hard to source.

Quote Originally Posted by barry32 View Post
    Is this at Uk pistol power or rifle power.
    As it's can be both does this automatically make it a pistol.
    Good question.

For what it's worth, Crosman themselves describe it as a pistol, and,

A shoulder stock is included and is easily interchangeable with the pistol grips.
    Like a HW45, say, or the older Gun Toys Panther Carbines (although power limits probably weren't an issue with the Panther anyawy).

I wouldn't like to try arguing that 'not supplying the pistol grips' is robust enough to consider it a rifle. And it's not even semi-automatic.

But what do I know, eh?

Iain

Rifle

You can buy the Benjamin marauder from ASI I believe and it counts as a rifle , power set at about 11FTLB, Comes with rifle stock fitted Teds hold over did a test on it (U Tube ) looks quite good.They were going to bring out a camo version in UK woodland walker

Unfortunate typo here then, in an ASI spread of 12 months ago

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/IainKD/012.jpg

Now I'm not convinced by the "once a pistol, always a pistol" argument that is sometimes heard, and think it reasonable to allow the possibility of converting a pistol action to a rifle - and thereby taking advantage of the greater muzzle energy limit.

I do think, though, that such a conversion would have to be robust and stand up to scrutiny - ultimately, if need be, in court. Isn't there a reference earlier in this thread to removing and refitting the stock?

Iain

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They can also be bought here: http://www.rojal.si and as its in the EU there's no tax/duty to worry about. They'll set it to sub 12fpe and leave out the pistol grips if asked and its only £350ish
    Is it that simple? Just ask for them to set it to 12fpe, leave out the pistol grips and it's as easy as ordering from versandhaus schneider (the German site)? (I'm very interested in getting one of these). Also, re: the fosters quick connect, bit new to PCPs but does anyone have a link for an adapter for that from the standard 1/8" BSP (I think it is...) connection?