Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air tank or hand pump pcp?

air tank or hand pump pcp?

Have a 3ltr tank complete with micro hose and guage,its out of test,my question is do I get it re tested (how much does that cost) or go to a pump( how many pumps to pump an fn12),and what are the pumps like,any particualar makes thar are good or bad,thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greg12 View Post
    Have a 3ltr tank complete with micro hose and guage,its out of test,my question is do I get it re tested (how much does that cost) or go to a pump,and what are the pumps like,any particualar makes thar are good or bad,thanks
    I would get it retested approx. £40

Pumps are hard work.

But I guess it depends on how much you use your gun.

New shooter bought his new gun and pump to the range, after 1 fill by pump, swore, left saying buying tank tomorrow.

I have both a pump and a bottle, I fill my AA S200 with a Hill,s pump and find it pretty easy. I only hunt so filling by a pump is not a problem but if I were target shooting and having to fill the gun a number of times in a session I would opt to use the bottle.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Sod the pump get the bottle tested it's about £40 and worth every penny.

Unless you are reasonably tall and pretty fit get the bottle retested.

I'm neither and I found it virtually impossible to use a pump.

I'm not tall or an athlete and can easily pump my rifle up. As I said on another forum, there must be a lot of unfit air rifle users out there
    Last edited by rob2278; 15-09-2014 at 09:32 PM.

pump or bottle

Thanks for advice guys.......im going to get my bottle retested..

As you're local take it to JR Services he's only up the M5 near Cullompton, £30 for a test (12ltr) 01884 266400.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    As you're local take it to JR Services he's only up the M5 near Cullompton, £30 for a test (12ltr) 01884 266400.
    Many thanks!!

Just got a new gun and a pump (fx 3 stage). I'm now looking for a pump, not because I can't pump it (I'm v-tall - v-heavy) but because I'm lazy

Above 200 bar though it does require some weight my mate struggled at his mere 13 stone

I have pumped up every gun I have owned as I don't see the point in buying air!

I used one of the first pumps available in this country for a couple of years with a FN19 when just hunting and never found it a problem. The pumps have improved quite a bit since then but if using a gun with a buddy bottle or target shooting then a bottle is a must.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I used one of the first pumps available in this country for a couple of years with a FN19 when just hunting and never found it a problem. The pumps have improved quite a bit since then but if using a gun with a buddy bottle or target shooting then a bottle is a must.

Alan.
    I shoot target with a 300bar cylinder still no problems for me, also have a mate that fills his airwolf up with a pump. There must be a lot of very unfit people out there if they can't use one

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    I have pumped up every gun I have owned as I don't see the point in buying air!
    A friend of mine used to have the same view until he bought a Gunpower rifle.
    He soon changed his mind when he was recharging a 500cc buddy bottle every 30 shots!

Quote Originally Posted by Custard1 View Post
    I shoot target with a 300bar cylinder still no problems for me, also have a mate that fills his airwolf up with a pump. There must be a lot of very unfit people out there if they can't use one
    Its not a case of people not being fit enough to use a pump, it's just not practical or sensible to rely on a pump in a competition.

I certainly would not want to fill a airwolf with a pump good luck if it's from empty