Thread: Think i've decided on a bsa r10 regulated rifle, opinions etc needed

Think i've decided on a bsa r10 regulated rifle, opinions etc needed

Hi there,

I've only recently got back into shooting, i've always pined for a certain gun but realise i may need to move on!

Was looking at an air ranger etc, i loved my old regulated hornet! (one i pined for )

I just by chance clicked on the bsa r10 as noticed it was a regulated rifle!..... i had previously dismissed the gun due to thinking that i had to remove the bottle to fill the gun, which i remember faffing around with the super ten bottles a few years back not for me!

I did like my old air wolf but electrics don't suit me

What is the single shot adaptor like for the r10?

I like the price of 699.00 for a brand new regulated walnut stock gun!

is there anything i should know about these guns? or other guns to look at?

cheers chris

The R10 is a nice rifle, it's well made, the stock is nice and chunky and fits well to most people.

The early magazines had some indexing issues, these have been sorted now, all new magazines are self indexing.

The R10 had a lot of bad press when it was first launched a few years back, but BSA have reworked the regulators and managed to fix the earlier issues.

Why don't you look for a decent second hand one instead of buying a new one, try it out before you buy it, there are always some good r10 package deals coming up in the sales section.

ATB
    Ray
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.

Don't spend the best part of £700 on a new r10...you will be able to pick up a tuned one for £550 or less.
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

R10's are good rifles, the regulators get a bad press but mine is fine (although it has been blueprinted by JB). My HW100 is also a regulated rifle - and and equal to the R10. They are as accurate as each other and I am glad I have one in .177 and the other in .22 they are all the rifles I need. Doesn't stop me having others though :-)

There are also other routes if you really need regulated i.e, a S200 with a HUMA regulated would be as accurate as the R10......and lighter.

Thanks
    Tim

Does the hw100 come regulated as std? Prefer a heavier rifle than the 200

Yes, as far as I know the HW100 is regulated from the factory....happy to be corrected though

thanks
    Tim

Hw100

Hello,

Quite correct, the HW100 is regged as standard in any of its forms.

R10

The R10 is extremely accurate, I can put pellet on pellet at 50 yds comfortably.

I have found the magazine to be a bit pellet fussy, certain pellets seem to jam up. I found h+n ftt's to group the best and work best in the mag.

The single shot adaptor works well, the only complaint being that if you use a scope with a side wheel it can interfere with it.

My only complaint with the gun is that it's too light, this is a personnel thing but it is something to consider.

hope this helps

Eggie

I have a mk2 r10 and is a great rifle go and try one to see if you like it. You get plenty of shots per fill and it's a tack driver also I find it's not to heavy to carry about in the field. Have a look at second hand as you can get a good deal

bsa R10

Just sold my BSA r10 .22 vc to finance a HW100 laminate, had the R10 just over 2 years and have had NO PROBLEMS whatsoever the accuracy with H & N FTT was incredible better than my HW100s on long range shots. Would buy another with no qualms at all.
    mk2 rapid.22