Thread: Webley tempest piston removal?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Webley tempest piston removal?

I want to change the piston washer on my tempest. I've got the front/barrel off and the spring out. Is there any way of removing the piston without taking the trigger mech apart?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

From memory......hold the trigger back and pull piston out using a small screwdriver in the cocking slot.
    However, I also recall that to get it back in you have to strip the trigger and sear out.
    Of course I could be wrong as my memory isn't what it was.
    Pete.

I tried this last week as well and ended up just satisfying myself

By only applying some moly to the spring and cocking slot.

Pulling the trigger and engaging safety in all manner of sequences didnt do it.
    Donald

On the Tempest unlike the Senior,MK1 and Premier the sear has to be removed and the trigger too I think,but it's many years since I did one.This,unfortunately makes what should be a simple job a relative PITB!

Diagaram https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products...est-1979-2005/

Hurricane disassembly http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...hurricane.html

ATB.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I have always thought that pulling the trigger should enable you to remove the piston, but have always had to strip the trigger to do it. There is a strip down in the "Idiots guide" sticky in collectables and you can use the diagram on the Webley website to help you.
    You wont need to remove the safety, so it is easy enough to do. IF you think that you have put it back together right and the gun wont cock, you will probably not have positioned the sear correctly------so turn the pistol over, pull the trigger and just push the sear upwards with a small screw driver/allen key etc and that should sort it.
    You need a 3/32 (2.5mm?) pin punch to remove the pins and make sure that you locate the trigger guard properly (line up the holes with your punch) as these often have the trigger guard split where someone had knock the pin through without the hole being lined up.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"