Thread: Diana Mod 6G Carbine!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Diana Mod 6G Carbine!

I got one of these in the post today. Its a little bit manky, a little bit tatty, a little bit tired looking, but I love it!

My first airgun was a mod 6 back in the early eighties. I swapped it for some BMX brake lever covers in a rather fetching chequered flag motif. The rest is history.

This one has a carbine shoulder stock which screws on in place of the normal end cap, a barrel shroud type arrangement and a scope rail that goes on in place of the rear sight. Where these stocks an optional extra or is it just a homemade jobby? And does anyone want them?

The gun itself is shooting a consistent 2.5fpe with 8.4gr pellets, so I don't think it needs anything doing inside, but there are a couple of the small screws missing/stripped/chewed that I'd like to get replacements for if anyone has any spare.

I'm thinking of giving the MPL a go with this, but I've seen the mrs eyeing it up too, so there could be two of us joining.

Happy day!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Homemade job.
    Missing screws; from the pinion caps I recon?
    Than it has been opened the wrong way..
    I wouldnt want one. Only a nice, original ivgc, 6M
    ATB,
    yana

I was shown one of these at Bisley a couple of years ago.
    This one looked pretty well done.
    I think it was owned by Vic Thompson who is on here.

Almost a whole tin of pellets later and its improving hugely! Power is up to 3.7fpe and accuracy has finally come together. Is there a strip down guide anywhere? I think I might treat it to a reblue, but I'd need to empty it first!

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Almost a whole tin of pellets later and its improving hugely! Power is up to 3.7fpe and accuracy has finally come together. Is there a strip down guide anywhere? I think I might treat it to a reblue, but I'd need to empty it first!
    You have e-mails on the way, re strip.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    You have e-mails on the way, re strip.

Cheers.

Roy.

Got em! thanks Roy!

For it to go up from 2.5 to 3.7 FPE with a bit of use, I suppose that points to lube that had gone dry / gummy.

Good luck if you're going to go in there though.

I think you win a little badge or lapel pin if you get one of those apart, and (importantly) back together!

Diana actually made something a bit like that for a while

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/...-rifle-part-1/

Never seen one in the flesh, but always had a soft spot for this micro-match rifle. Were they ever sold here, or just in the US?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Got em! thanks Roy!
    You is welcome......enjoy!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Many years ago I used one of these as a clubgun to shoot at 10m. Lovely little rifle and very sought after.
    The experience of that lead me to a Model 10 pistol which I used very effectively to harvest a few medals. The idiot that I am sold it.

Now I would love another....

Recently I did a trade for 2 Model 6 pistols which needed rebuilding, which I've done successfully and they are a delight to shoot. There is a lot of info on the web about stripping and rebuilding these. Not hard with a bit of preparation, a clamp/ spring compressor about 18'' long, some strips of leather and a 10p piece

Buy replacement seals from Chambers as others available are made from cheese

Have fun Nick!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk