Thread: aeron brno b96 barrel

aeron brno b96 barrel

Hi All, does anyone know if there is a 18" barrel available for the B96?

Yes there is, but this isn't a very helpful answer, as I can't remember what Barrel I used when I made B96 Carbine up years ago. It might have been a Titan Barrel or an AA400 series Barrel, or something else altogether, I just can't remember. If you measure the diameter of the Barrel where it fits into the receiver that would be a big help, and I'm guessing that an AA Barrel could be made to fit straightforwardly.

HTH, Vic Thompson.

Thanks for that Vic, after you had fitted the longer barrel did you chrono the gun at all?

yes I did, and it was one of the biggest disapointments that I've had in a long time as I thought that the power would go up to dizzy heights. In my case the MV went up by maybe 50 fps max. As a guess, it's possibly due to the pressure dropping off as the action cycles. When I've done the same on "closed bolt" actions the MV rose appreciably, but with the B96 and my Walther semi auto, little increase when fitting a Carbine barrel (the Walther did use an AA400 Barrel, back to front as a matter of fact with a small cut out, but I'll be blowed if I can remember what barrel I used on the "96).

Vic Thompson.

I now have managed to source one (B96) whoopee, Not the barrel yet though, I have been looking at my other 177 rifles and thinking about a hacksaw!! I have half converted the B96 to a carbine, by modifying and fitting a Crosman 2250 shoulder stock. looks ok and sits fine. but the drawbar spring has broken, so it wont auto index! I managed to fashion one out of a safety pin, but it wasn't satisfactory, so I must bite the bullet and buy a new one. does anyone know where I can get spares for the Aeron Brno B96 from in this country?

Piccie of my B96,

http://www.airgunbbs.com/attachment....3&d=1408981477

If you cant view this piccie then I put one in the wanted ads on my post there.

Brill the link works, as you can see, my B96 Carbine, now I need a longer barrel!!