Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melbourne marksmen annual bbq

Melbourne marksmen annual bbq

MELBOURNE SUMMER BBQ IS SATURDAY 13th SEPTEMBER. 1PM ONWARDS. SUBJECT TO WEATHER.

THE EVENT WILL AGAIN BE AT KIM'S FIELD - CALLANS LANE, HEATH END, STAUNTON HAROLD. LEICESTERSHIRE. LE651RJ

IF IT RAINS HARD FOR DAYS NEAR TO THE SATURDAY, IT WILL BE POSTPONED.- watch this thread

BRING YOUR OWN FOOD & REFRESHMENTS. DON'T FORGET YOUR GUNS, FOR THE FIELD TARGET SHOOT AND LONG RANGE BANGER SHOOT

THERE WILL ALSO BE A CLAY PIGEON SHOOT, CLOUT ARCHERY AND CATAPULT COMPETITION. ALL MEMBERS WELCOME, BRING THE FAMILY/FRIENDS (ALL UNDER SUPERVISION OF COURSE.) IT IS HOPED TO HAVE PAULS R.C PLANES (WITH TRAILING BALLOONS) AGAIN GIVING A CHALLENGE TO THE OPEN SIGHT RIFLES

ALL ATTENDANCE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. FIRE WOOD FOR THE NIGHT-TIME HEATING APPRECIATED, (NO PALLETWOOD, NAILS ETC)

John
    Last edited by pennineway.fswo; 06-09-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: post code added
    hold me back !!

bbq

To the top
    hold me back !!

Melbourne Marksmen Members only event isn't it John?
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Hi Mac

Yes, but members can bring family and friends to the event like last year and are responsible for their safety.

The long range banger (black powder blanks) will be a new event.

ATB

John
    hold me back !!

Thanks John, Should be a great event,hope the weather holds out for us
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    ...The long range banger (black powder blanks) will be a new event.
    Oooh, sounds like fun . How big is the target area on the blanks, and how far out will it be? The latter may be somewhat wind dependant I guess but some info may help with a little bit of preparation, just so I have an idea if
    a) There's any chance of me hitting it,
    b) I've got some idea of the required holdover/adjustment to avoid the frustration caused by repeated "where the hells that gone" moments.

As usual I'll bring my selection of targets, zeroing boards and I've got a portable "bench" (cheapy workmate with an mdf platform attachment ) which I'll bring if you fancy?

Fingers crossed the weather holds.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Oooh, sounds like fun . How big is the target area on the blanks, and how far out will it be? The latter may be somewhat wind dependant I guess but some info may help with a little bit of preparation, just so I have an idea if
    a) There's any chance of me hitting it,
    b) I've got some idea of the required holdover/adjustment to avoid the frustration caused by repeated "where the hells that gone" moments.

As usual I'll bring my selection of targets, zeroing boards and I've got a portable "bench" (cheapy workmate with an mdf platform attachment ) which I'll bring if you fancy?

Fingers crossed the weather holds.

Bring the workbench Nick. The old timers will appreciate it

Just ordered a benchrest table from Intershoot for garden use so I will bring it along for the day together with a Sinclair front pedestal and sandbag for all to use.

We can set them up at 50 yds unless opinion is that it needs to be further. The firing pin on the cartridges is about 7mm so 'easy-peasy' for a man like your goodself. Kims Cadet Major with open sights may struggle but horses for courses as they say. The zeroing targets will be very useful.

John
    hold me back !!

Bring the workbench Nick. The old timers will appreciate it

Just ordered a benchrest table from Intershoot for garden use so I will bring it along for the day together with a Sinclair front pedestal and sandbag for all to use.

We can set them up at 50 yds unless opinion is that it needs to be further. The firing pin on the cartridges is about 7mm so 'easy-peasy' for a man like your goodself. Kims Cadet Major with open sights may struggle but horses for courses as they say. The zeroing targets will be very useful.

John
    -Bring the workbench Nick- Will do... "The old timers will appreciate it". Not just the oldtimers!

-"50 yds unless opinion is that it needs to be further. The firing pin on the cartridges is about 70mm so easy-peasy..." Corrected your typo.

-Painted up my targets today in preparation. Usually it's only the target area that takes a beating but after last year the entire faceplate needed a makeover .

Shotgun carts

50 yards??? Cant even walk that far now.

Paul has confirmed he will be there target towing and Shane will give a RC flying demo.

I will bring my walking frame and my tripod.

NOW HAVE A SAT NAV REF FOLKS. LE65 1RJ
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

BBQ

Paul confirms there is to be a SACRIFICIAL radio control airplane shotgun shoot.!!!
    Roll on the 13th.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Good grief Pete. Whatever next! Will it be a 190mph jet and can the airgunners have a go first before the big guns turn out

Enjoyed the link to the BMFA Free Flight mayhem - nutters

John
    hold me back !!

Shoot

Good grief Pete. Whatever next! Will it be a 190mph jet and can the airgunners have a go first before the big guns turn out

Enjoyed the link to the BMFA Free Flight mayhem - nutters

John
    Knowing Paul it might be a model which shoots back!!! Wait and see.
    Peter.

1 pm start. Let's hope the weather will be OK
    hold me back !!

Bbq

1 pm start. Let's hope the weather will be OK
    Weather is looking good so far. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy

Have a good time Ladies and Gents, always been made welcome at Melbourne