Thread: Telly .22 air rifle circa 1948?

Telly .22 air rifle circa 1948?

I've just been given one of these in pretty rough shape. It's putting out about 7.5 foot pounds with 11.9grain hobbies.....flat point.....only .22s I had to hand. Am I right in thinking that if I put a little pellgun oil on the old leather breech seal it will swell and give a better seal? Or will it damage the seal?

I found am old thread that said these guns are worth between £25 and £35 for a real minter. A kit is available, new spring, seals etc for £35.......is it worth it? I know only I can make that decision, it's not about the money I just think the gun might be fun! Opinions welcome and appreciated........

To answer in reverse, yes the kit is available from Protec and it will make the gun better- I have a Telley circa 1963 and thats doing close to 11 in .22 so yes they can be made in to a better gun. I cant say for sure when they first entered the Uk, they were sold through the home shooping catalouges of the day., and so were very highley available. I like them has there good honest rifles, I have the Telley, the Tornado, The Hurracanr pistol/ Carbine and the 322 all in .22, good luck and enjoy.

Many thanks FattMann

most wellcome