Thread: Air Arms Sidelever trigger adjustment

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?

Air Arms Sidelever trigger adjustment

Good evening Gents, haven't been in this section for some time, but having just acquired a nice AA Bora I thought I would ask you you for advice.

The Rifle is in very nice condition, and shoots more smoothly than I expected. (and quieter, no 'twang' which I was expecting)

But, the trigger is very creepy- I have no way of knowing when the rifle will fire. There is an adjusting screw in front of the trigger, which can be accessed via a hole in the trigger guard. The screw has a spring that tensions when I screw in the screw, but the effect on the trigger appears non-existent.

On the top of the action is a scope stop and I believe that once removed it reveals a trigger adjuster- but I haven't delved in yet. What does this adjust?

Any help would be very helpful as I think this rifle has a lot of potential which a decent trigger may well unlock!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

From an AA manual:
    The trigger weight of pull adjusting screw is located inside the rear plug retaining pin. The rear sight has to be removed first to access the screw. Adjust using an allen key: clockwise to increase weight of pull, anticlockwise to reduce. Sear engagement is adjusted by the spring loaded screw located just in front of the trigger; cloclwise to reduce engagement, anticlockwise to increase.
    There is awarning that excessive adustment in either direction will make the gun inoperative. Avoidsmall sear engagement as the gun may discharge at the slightest touch.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers, Phil

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Thanks Phil- most helpful!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

the trigger spring runs down the inside of the pin with a tiny steel pin at the end and tensioned by a grub screw at the other - they are usually dirtier than a dog's ear canal inside and always benefit from a clean
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930