Thread: Chrony substitute?

Chrony substitute?

Can't afford a chrony and Mrs hasn't gotten round to clubbing yet...

1322 Medalist will easily punch through a beer can (both sides) at 10 metres, obviously. At 10 pumps at the same range it makes a whacking great dent in a lidless baked-bean tin full of water but will not penetrate. This is will .22 Eley Wasps (cheap for plinking).

At 15 pumps (I have to put the effort in to the tiny girl) it punches in and lets water out.

Question is, at 10 metres, what approx. min. ft/lb-age is required to a) pass one side of the Heinz tin and what for both sides?
    It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level...

Ieazo is offline Tony hawk's stunt double...Just the face though
    I can offer you this, at 30yrds 11.3ft/lb with a 16gr .22 pellet will put a noticeable dent in a wheel barrow, enough for me to do it only once and decide that sticking to the block wall as a backstop without the barrow in front of it was a better idea. Same pellet at 22.5ft/lb put a hole clean through it

Buy a chrono!
    I like tinkering and banging

A brand new Combro is only 50 quid and is more than adequate. If you can't stump up the cash then you could try your local gunshop who may be able to test, possibly for a fee.
    As far as I know there is no accurate way of determining power from looking at penetration on a target. If you're really struggling then a local kind bbs member might step up and lend a hand..?
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177

£50? Didn't realise they'd come as low as that! My club days are long behind me but at that time only clubs and smiths could afford them. Think I'll invest as I believe the bug is growing...
    It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level...

It's not one of the large complicated pylon types, but a cracking little tool and well backed up service-wise as many on here will attest to.
    Have a look; http://www.chronoscopes.com
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177

Combro are a great little tool but quite difficult to use with a 1322 though, or indeed most air pistols. The problem is they're designed to align on a cylindrical barrel or silencer. You'd have to take off the barrel band and replace the pin so you could pump it. Either that or hold it in place with one hand while firing the pistol with the other. Should go without saying but be very careful doing that. Easy to shoot your hand, even easier to shoot your Combro!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    What you really need is a yellow pages! Pointed pellets could penetrate up to page 436, which in real terms means it was "proper powerful!"

In today's modern, computerised interweb world all you can do is put your ipad on the google page and shoot that. Not as informative and very expensive.

You could always fall back on the "How many double decker busses will the pellet jump?" Or was that motorbikes?
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Chrony F1 can be had for under £100.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

This is what I bought: http://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/chron...ng-system.html and now it's reduced to cheaper than the Chrony without lights!

And incidentally it's cheaper than I paid for it - flippin' typical that is