Thread: Boxed Crosman 451 on G*

Boxed Crosman 451 on G*

Rare pistol and not available with box and manual very often

I have no connection to the seller - other than having the same pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Rare pistol and not available with box and manual very often

I have no connection to the seller - other than having the same pistol
    Undoubtedly scarce that complete, Mark, but £600 sounds pretty steep...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Well...

considering prices seen being asked for the model 600, the price doesn't seem out of line. A 451 is so much rarer than the 600, it should be priced higher.

The 451 cannot be appreciated by picture. Much like the 600, it has to be held and fired to be fully appreciated. It is a true semi-auto, just like the 600, and it has a recoil that is darn close to that of the real thing. Nothing else like it.

According to Lawrie, fiddly mechanism, not very reliable in operation and power is low. He has repaired a few and offered me one for £350. Worth having to complete a Crosman collection. A chap who came to visit me to buy one of my Schimels brought a minter to show me, its the only one I have seen locally.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    According to Lawrie, fiddly mechanism, not very reliable in operation and power is low. He has repaired a few and offered me one for £350. Worth having to complete a Crosman collection. A chap who came to visit me to buy one of my Schimels brought a minter to show me, its the only one I have seen locally.

Baz
    The problem with low power of the 451 design is due to the recoil mechanism. It takes a significant amount of CO2 to drive it. Initially, the 451 would only fire about 10-12 shots but they reduced the output in an effort to squeeze as many shots as possible to about 20.

The big reliability issue with the 451 is if you jam a pellet in the barrel. Unlike the 600, removing a pellet from the barrel is no simple task with the 451.

Again, unlike the 600, for sure, the 451 is not a shooter. It is instead a high collectable in the Crosman product range.

451 is a fiddle too far for me!
    Last one I saw was priced at £451.
    Seller obviously had a sense of humour.