Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the most odd gun you own

the most odd gun you own

ok heres a differnt one for you mine is a nickel plated Anschutz 275 ,4.4 mm ball shot repeter. It owes its ancestry to the German designer Schmiser when he worked at Haenel between the wars. 6 shot mag ( plan to get some larger mags from Protec) when funds allow. Its not powerful but is very accurate at close range. From talking to someone who would know it was used as a basic trainer for the German Army and the Hitler Youth I hate the Nazis but wont hold that against the gun which like all German and especcialy Anschutz products are superb..

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    ok heres a differnt one for you mine is a nickel plated Anschutz 275 ,4.4 mm ball shot repeter. It owes its ancestry to the German designer Schmiser when he worked at Haenel between the wars. 6 shot mag ( plan to get some larger mags from Protec) when funds allow. Its not powerful but is very accurate at close range. From talking to someone who would know it was used as a basic trainer for the German Army and the Hitler Youth I hate the Nazis but wont hold that against the gun which like all German and especcialy Anschutz products are superb..
    I think you're talking about the Haenel Sport Modell 33, which was made in adult and junior versions, and fired 4.4mm lead balls. Your LG275 is a copy of the Haenel, as you suggest.

Probably my oddest gun is my Walther LP52 - so 'odd' I've never seen another, in fact.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=180

Well, at least its not a Relum.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ethan Allen under hammer .36" buggy rifle
    This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! Adolph Hitler – 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I think you're talking about the Haenel Sport Modell 33, which was made in adult and junior versions, and fired 4.4mm lead balls. Your LG275 is a copy of the Haenel, as you suggest.

Probably my oddest gun is my Walther LP52 - so 'odd' I've never seen another, in fact.
    wow thats rare

The Healthways Topscore 175 BB gun.

The spring & piston are in the grip, you cock it by pulling the barrel up & back. The approx 50 BB's are in the shroud around the barrel & one is loaded when the barrel is closed.
    It's not too pretty, made of lots of pot metal castings with little power & indifferent accuracy - but pefect for destroying the Airfix armada at the other end of the bedroom.

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...emnum=12682157

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    The Healthways Topscore 175 BB gun.

The spring & piston are in the grip, you cock it by pulling the barrel up & back. The approx 50 BB's are in the shroud around the barrel & one is loaded when the barrel is closed.
    It's not too pretty, made of lots of pot metal castings with little power & indifferent accuracy - but pefect for destroying the Airfix armada at the other end of the bedroom.

http://www.gunauction.com/search/dis...emnum=12682157
    I had one of them at the back of the gun room wonder were its got to

I picked up a fair condition 275 a couple of weeks ago and it works well.
    Not easy for a kid to cock.

I have a Benjamin 122 pistol which pumps with a front plunger.
    .22 and re sealed by mate Baz.
    I can only pump it four times which is enough to make it shoot well.
    Baz gave me a big piece of polyurethane to pump it on to save using a handy tree.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I picked up a fair condition 275 a couple of weeks ago and it works well.
    Not easy for a kid to cock.

I have a Benjamin 122 pistol which pumps with a front plunger.
    .22 and re sealed by mate Baz.
    I can only pump it four times which is enough to make it shoot well.
    Baz gave me a big piece of polyurethane to pump it on to save using a handy tree.
    yes the 275 has a short throw bolt, my boy loves firing ours but I have to cocok it and reload it still hes enjoying himself.

I suppose the Diana or Milbro, or loads of other brands, G10 deserves a mention.

Another festival of zinc alloy castings. It had 2 concentric springs, one cocked when you pulled the slide back, the other when you pushed it back in. When it was cocked you popped up the 2" smoothbore barrel & put in about 20 BB's in a magazine, or a .177 pellet, or a dart - or anything that would fit really.
    Power & accuracy made the Topscore 175 look good - a 1/72 scale Panzer had nothing to fear from this one.

Still in production apparently.

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...r-pistol.shtml

I suppose the Diana or Milbro, or loads of other brands, G10 deserves a mention.

Another festival of zinc alloy castings. It had 2 concentric springs, one cocked when you pulled the slide back, the other when you pushed it back in. When it was cocked you popped up the 2" smoothbore barrel & put in about 20 BB's in a magazine, or a .177 pellet, or a dart - or anything that would fit really.
    Power & accuracy made the Topscore 175 look good - a 1/72 scale Panzer had nothing to fear from this one.

Still in production apparently.

http://www.solware.co.uk/air-pistol-...r-pistol.shtml
    yes still have my gat in the gun cupard, use it on a dart board with darts to amuse the boy.

Aipropel Nimrod - everything about it is 'different' but a very accurate gun.

Consistent 10.5ft/lb with approx. 30-40 shots per fill.

http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/el...library/NIMROD

I suppose the Diana or Milbro, or loads of other brands, G10 deserves a mention. [/url]
    I used to have some years ago, bought new from Manchester Air Guns, one of these:

http://www.muzzle.de/N3/Druckluft/Co...g_____bla.html

Same principle but in plastic (that's an improvement on pot metal, right?) and different external styling - a .22 rf autoloader, the Colt Cadet I think.

I had the bb only version, with a spring-loaded magazine under the fixed barrel, but there was a pellet-firing version where the barrel could be tipped up to load.

No weight to it and the trigger pull, from memory, was very long but at the same time very safe - the vertically-sliding feed plate, moving bbs from the magazine to in line with the barrel, wasn't actuated by the cocking cycle but by the first movement of the trigger.

Edit: This old photo of the gun dismantled shows the trigger clearly - the rearward releases the sear, the forward extension (note the slot) loads the gun.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/IainKD/013.jpg

Iain
    Last edited by Iain K D; 28-08-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Have a few rare ones but unfortunately sold the oddest operating one I had a Haenel 100 pistol. Weird little gravity feed mechanism that you had to tilt the gun backwards after every shot to get the magazine to work. Have a Champion repeater pistol in pieces at the moment which falls a bit into the odd catagory.

Baz

Last edited by Benelli B76; 28-08-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Add pic
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

thanks guys, some great stuff.